Wearing sunglasses to play poker? Isn't that lame?

God, that’s hilarious. I’d never be able to play against that guy. It would have been funnier, though, if he had some of those giant gag sunglasses over Elmo’s eyes.

How about a beekeeper’s veil?

You may think it lame, but if my wearing sunglasses has any negative effect on your play, then you bet I’ll wear them.

I don’t wear them, unless playing outside (which is a lot of fun, actually). When some loser comes to a game I’m playing in with a baseball cap pulled way down over his face and oversized sunglasses, I think that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Then again, it worked for this guy, this guy, and this guy.

Mayo

This is my favorite.

I was looking for a good photo of Chris Ferguson to link into this thread. The funny thing about that is that the sunglasses, like the rest of his look, is a total lie. He started playing poker when he looked like this, and he put on the shades and the black shirt and the cowboy hat to create false assumptions among his opponents. I suppose the OP would call that lame or almost cheating or what-not, but then Chris has pulled down over 5.6 million dollars in tournament play in his career. For that kind of “lame” I’d put on stuff a lot more outlandish than a pair of wraparounds.

It might be noted that Raymer’s hologram glasses were distracting to several players, they said so. They couldn’t stand looking at him. So not only did they at least attempt to hide any of his tells, they were distracting enough to keep people from noticing much except the glasses. Did it play any part in him winning $5 million? Maybe, maybe not, but $5 million is not really all that lame IMHO.

A poker player lying!? I don’t believe you.
I sometimes do and sometimes don’t wear sunglasses when I play. It simply removes one way for others to read you. As Mayo Speaks! and Encinitas pointed out, many respected and rich professional poker players wear them.