Weather Modification

http://www.environmentandsociety.org/tools/timeline#7164
Timeline tool and research.

Lolz :joy::joy:

Podcast and more.

At what point in that podcast is large scale weather manipulation brought up?

Ok, I’ll pretend that this is true, most of your links are to cloud-seeding, weather prediction and studies. I’m ok with those.

You want me to believe that China is trying to flood the world? Ok, but you gotta pretend that the world is flat too. All that water is just gonna run off into space and we’ll be fine.

Moderator Note

This thread is a freaking mess.

Right from the start, it’s not clear exactly what aspect of weather modification is being discussed here. On top of that, other people are rushing in to attack/debunk things while there isn’t a clear issue of what exactly is being asserted.

Let’s lay down some ground rules before we proceed further.

1. It’s well known that China practices weather control, through cloud seeding and other methods. This is widespread enough that some provinces have even sued other provinces for stealing their water.
  2. Whether or not these Chinese methods actually work is a different matter altogether. Just because people believe it doesn’t mean it’s so (see Korean fan death…). Feel free to discuss the effectiveness of techniques in the thread if you so desire.
  3. The same thing goes for U.S.weather control in Vietnam, and other attempts at weather control. I’m sure that most of these exist (Operation Popeye is something that you can google for cites), but again, their effectiveness is debatable and is something that can be discussed in the thread.
  4. Let’s all be a lot more clear about exactly what we’re asserting. If we don’t know something and want to know more or if we have vague ideas about how things work and want more of a discussion, be clear about that too.
  5. Let’s also all be a lot more clear about exactly what aspect of weather control we actually want to discuss in this thread, whether it’s a broad overview, the effectiveness of techniques, or if we want to focus on some of the specific articles referenced and what those articles refer to.
  6. Let’s also all dial things back and try to have a pleasant conversation. This is something that should be able to be discussed in a civil manner.

If you feel this list needs to be modified, feel free to discuss that as well.

@engineer_comp_geek I posted this in the message you sent me . It showed up here.
I absolutely agree with you!

I posted raw links about weather modification.Then to “research” and then I was informed my links were garbage. The I asked a hypothetical what if question since the original topic was a China/ Canada reference which was ignored mostly.

Then after hours of reading and posting and and yes I provided a longer commentary than the shorter comments earlier in the discussion. it was posted towards the end of last night. I ate dinner and went to bed.

I’ll probably just go back to lurking until the next time I attempt a discussion or want to share something I thought might be worth some conversation. I do really try. There are a few members no matter what I post they show up when I post and give me grief.

In my mind I would have thought the pics were off topic. If not they were distracting at very least.

That’s for y’all to decide and you have. No problem.

I posted a longer reply to puzzle gal, discus deleted it… I explained it better than this though.

This is what I was longer looking for.

@engineer_comp_geek I posted this in the message you sent me . It showed up here.
I absolutely agree with you!

I posted raw links about weather modification.Then to “research” and then I was informed my links were garbage. The I asked a hypothetical what if question since the original topic was a China/ Canada reference which was ignored mostly.

Then after hours of reading and posting and and yes I provided a longer commentary than the shorter comments earlier in the discussion. it was posted towards the end of last night. I ate dinner and went to bed.

I’ll probably just go back to lurking until the next time I attempt a discussion or want to share something I thought might be worth some conversation. I do really try. There are a few members no matter what I post they show up when I post and give me grief.

In my mind I would have thought the pics were off topic. If not they were distracting at very least.

That’s for y’all to decide and you have. No problem.

I posted a longer reply to puzzle gal, discus deleted it… I explained it better than this though.