WEEDS season finale with open spoilers

This is an interesting point, and I think you’re on to something here. Sure, Esteban’s a drug lord - but with some glaring exceptions, he’s a pretty sucessful and high-functioning one. And he seems to have been a decent father to his daughter - yes, she’s a junkie, but she became a junkie while studying at a high-end school that she probably needed to be bright and hard-working to get into and stay in. Nancy’s a terrible human being - sure, so is Estaban, but Nancy’s also a much lower-functioning terrible human being.

I’m guessing that even if it stays legal that would be next to impossible due to their inability to speak the language and the “coals to Newcastle” factor.

I always say it’s just not a season until Nancy gets her ass spanked and Silas takes his shirt off :D.

Esteban and Guillermo have a body in the trunk of their car. Not much legal wiggle room for those guys.

I like this show. Been watching it from the begining. But…there’s something off about it. Like it doesn’t know its place or it keeps trying to reinvent itself. It’s a comedy. It’s a drama. But it’s really not a dramedy. So what is it?
It started out in Agrestic as a humorous take on suburban life and the inanities in it. Where Nancy was not only the hero but almost the only normal person on the show. But they kept trying to up the ante and, as I said, reinvent themselves. By season 4 they’d burned down Agrestic, scrapped the “Tiny Boxes” theme, and moved to a coastal city. But that wasn’t enough, so they moved to Mexico by season 5 and even that wasn’t enough of a change so they went on a cross country road trip by season 6. The problem was that even during season 6 they didn’t have a coherent plan (both the Botwins and the storyline it seems) and, after building up a story arc in Seattle they threw it all away to go back on the road.
In a way, the show seemed as lost as Nancy was. I guess they were trying to show that, when you’re on the lam, things don’t get neatly wrapped up and you sometimes just have to leave. But to me it just felt disjointed.

Somehow I forgot about that, and I think that is something the cops would notice.

Don’t forget the guns. Obviously they weren’t stupid enough to try and take them in the airport, but a dead body in a car along with a cache of firearms? Yeah, Mexican governor or not he’s going down.

Nitpick: As I remember, he’s the mayor of some border town or city, not the governor.

Seems to me Nancy doesn’t have much wiggle room either. The cops will presumably have the reporter’s tapes of her confession, and the video of Shane clouting the lady by the pool.

Yes, but Nancy can probably negotiate her way out of any charges in exchange for the evidence she can provide on the cartel.

Edited to add, this would probably require her to enter the witness protection program, which might make the seventh season interesting. Or perhaps she winds up dead.

He was the Mayor of Tijuana and was running for Governor of Baja California with Pilar’s “help” last season. On the other hand I don’t think it was revealed whether he won or not.

I know I had to go back and watch that scene in the bar with Nancy and Zack Morris a few times.