Weird kids and funny events you remember from school

Oh here’s my high school years: in my sophomore year I had a history class, and there was a classmate that was “just there” not really memorable. However, after the Xmas holidays we returned and he was no longer there, and I found in our local city newspaper that he died from gunshot in an obituary with no further details. I found it odd there was no school announcement and that our teacher didn’t say anything and just continued our classes as regular as usual. I didn’t know if he had friends but nobody in my history class or during lunch mentioned anything.

And here’s one from middle school. I had a classmate that I thought I was civil with. We weren’t friends but she sat in front of me and we sometimes chatted. I didn’t think there was any issues. At end of the year, she had me sign her yearbook so I said something pleasant, like best wishes for high school next year blah blah blah. I gave her my yearbook and she wrote “you need to talk more…you can’t just stay quiet.” HUH? I thought I did a lot just chatting with her before class and we weren’t friends outside of class and she had her own clique! I wasn’t part of any clique/friends that she shared with and I don’t think there was anything lacking.

When we were in high school we weren’t interacting anymore cuz we didn’t share any classes, but my friend says she was in speech class with her and said when it was the first day , she introduced herself as “Hi my name is Tiffany, I’m here because I’m really shy and want to open up.” I wondered if she looked at me (I’m an introverted person) and thought, “Man I really don’t want to be like her.”

When we were around that age, one of my classmates did this kind of thing, except it was on a bridge over a creek on a busy street; his father “freed” him with a pitcher of hot water, and he was not injured. This got in the newspaper and on the evening news, and he got his 15 minutes of fame this way.

He moved to another neighborhood in the same city, and I don’t think we even attended the same high school. Anyway, after we all graduated, I worked with a girl who was dating a boy who had the same name, and when I met him, I knew immediately that this was the same person. I later told her about this, and she rolled her eyes and said, “He’s told me that story too many times.”

These are all from my grade school years. Sorry to all of you for following the crowd and treating you so badly!

I posted about Camille in another thread. She would always come to school in the same dress/dresses and always smelled of pee. Almost everyday she’s pee herself while sitting in her chair and the other guys told me she’d take them behind the cafeteria and expose herself, supposedly even letting some of them touch her down there. She disappeared partway through the school year and as I think back I’m sure she was a victim of sexual abuse.

Then there was Walter. Walter was big for his age, possibly having been held back a grade. He was a little slow, had short military haircut (really short on the sides and longer on the top) and had buck teeth. Everyone made fun of him and despite his size was constantly bullied. I was probably in the middle as far as making fun of him, but for some reason he always liked me, putting his arm around my should and pulling me close (he was strong!), telling everyone I was his girlfriend and would marry me, even the teachers!

Ernie? He always smelled bad, a mixture of pee and body odor, possibly poop. I think he may have peed himself a few times and looking back, I suspect he may have been heavily physically abused (as I posted in my other thread, it wasn’t unusual for us to got to school with visible bruises and stories of Mom or Dad beating us). I think he was the one who came to school with a broken arm, saying he fell.

Jon… Jon was a quiet guy without many friends. I became good friends with him for a while and would even go over to his house to play after school. The thing is, his Mom asked my Mom to have me hang out more with him because he didn’t really get along with anyone else.

As I said, Jon was usually pretty quiet and generally a cool guy, but every once in a while (usually after he started nodding off), he would freak out in class, nearly growling and becoming really strong (he was already unusually strong for his age)! He would pick up tables and chairs and start throwing them. I sat next to him and sometimes could calm him down, but usually the teacher (sometimes two or more) would have to physically restrain him. They always said that his condition was because he was diabetic and after the teacher gave him a Lifesaver candy (at least I always thought it was a Lifesaver?), he would calm down and eventually collapse. He’d be sent to the nurse’s office and sometimes return with no memory of what happened even if was the same day.

I stopped hanging around with him after one day, while hanging out in the stairwell after school, he freaked out, taking swings at me. I grabbed him in a bear hug from behind and kept him that way for what seemed like an eternity until another classmate saw us and called for a teacher to help. I remember yelling at him that it was me, his good friend, but he kept struggling. I don’t know how I kept him under control as I was a short, skinny kid (now I’m a short, FAT, adult <grin>) and he had previously beaten up some of the toughest kids in school. Thank goodness for adrenaline!

I don’t know if he came back to school after that, but we stopped hanging out because I didn’t know when he might snap again. Hope you’re okay Jon! Peace!

Thinking more about it, I’m sure Jon was really diabetic, though I’m not sure if that’s what caused his outbursts. He was always allowed to eat candy anytime he wanted in class and when I’d go home with him, his Mom would give him a shot. Sometimes instead of Lifesavers (which the teacher kept in her drawer), she would sometimes give him some other candy she always kept in the locked supply closet. The candy was usually leftover from the holidays or brithdays and she’s pass them out every once in a while.

Back in first grade a kid in our town named Brian used to pee on paperclips and keep them in his desk to whiff. As if that wasn’t bad enough he went through a phase when he’d stick weeds between his bum cheeks and hop around pretending to be a donkey. That about sealed his fate for the next 12 years as the school punching bag.

He lived up the hill from school, and every morning he’d come flying down the street on his bike, being chased by 4 or 5 other kids. He eventually needed special permission to leave school early so he could at least get a head start home. It never got any better for Brian. Hee haw.

If I said how I felt about the OP’s stories, I’d probably end up banned, so I’ll keep my feelings to myself.

My own contribution? There was this one girl I went to school with who poured milk on her hair simply to get attention, and then started crying about it. The kicker? She did it twice. (I think this was in fourth grade) The following year she started going to the local public school (this was a Catholic school), and I only saw her in church from time to time.

She was always kinda weird, but that’s the one thing that stuck out for me.

Lunch time often brought out the weird ones. We had a kid who would eat Apple cores. Who ever had an Apple would pass it to her and she eat it core, seeds, stem and all. Some days it would be 10 or so. I think it may have started on a dare.
Oh, and I agree, the OPs stories seem a bit cruel.

I live in a city that, like most cities of its size at the time, had a military base during WWII, and the last time they found live ordinance on the grounds, that I know of, was a few years ago. I had wondered if it had happened this way. That way is scarier.

I’m waiting for a story about a girl who was masturbating with a frozen hot dog, and it broke off inside her. :o

Now looking at my past post had another story to share about my 8th grade history class. Our teacher was I thought okay. He was a fantastic lecturer, and even in 8th grade we all made that conclusion he was pretty good. However, he would go into very heated temper tantrums, like someone quietly asked a classmate about borrowing a piece of paper, and he just started going off about being obedient. I tolerated them, cuz he was a great lecturer. Our top student who went on to become valedictorian, ultimately said with all these blowouts, that all the good lectures he did could not make up for them. She was the few that hated him. In the spring, he announced to us that he went to see a doctor who told him he had severe ulcers and was going to take a break and then that he was moving to a new high school to become a coach. Um…wouldn’t that me even more stressful? Oddly, we lost track of him, and usually in our county we could keep track of who went where.

When I was in high school we had a teacher who went outside her boundaries and was very competitive, One time she took out all the students who were in academic decathlon out of their classes for a day to prepare for decathlon. Our math teacher when he found out was completely livid and shocked that it would be allowed.

why do you think bullying is so damn funny?