Weirdest/Funniest Graffiti you've come across

On a poster asking, ‘Who runs the world anyway?’ I felt it necessary to answer ‘The Mice’

My favourite was in spanish, next to our home: “Cada vez que pienso, me caen a coñazos”. Every time I think, they beat the shit out of me.

On a wall beside a building site:
The wall itself was covered in black polythene to protect the exposed wall of the building next door. - The polythene was held in place with many short sticks nailed somewhat randomly over its surface.
In white letters, BUT IS IT ART?

Stayed there for years until the building was completed.

I was driving to my college one morning and on a bridge it said…

“Smile, because you’re going to die!”

Womens bathroom, IT Dept., U of MN

“Call Kevin, 555-1212, he’s safe, handsome, and clean”

“But can he type?”

“Honey, I don’t care if he can read.”

Since Hollywood celebs have started buying up his stuff, I’m guessing some of you have heard of British graffiti artist Banksy. He takes graffiti to a whole new level of wit and quality, such as placing fake exhibits in London museums.

His graffitos are now so valuable that even the illegal originals have started to be preserved by local authorities. Here are a few classics.[ul][li]A tunnelling rat has emerged in the wrong place[/li][li]A chimp admonishes the human race[/li][li]A Queen’s guardsman relieves himself[/li][li]A lover has a lucky escape[/li][*]Gay policemen (in Brighton, the gay capital of the UK. Some homophobe - or policeman - keeps throwing paint at it, so the local council have covered it in perspex.)[/ul]Sadly, not everyone recognises his work.

Thanks to** Rysto ** for this.

Some of you may enjoy my recent bathroom graffiti thread.

On an Ontario highway, outside Windsor, there a sign announcing an upcoming side street: “Sexton Side Avenue.” Someone had blotted out the “t”.

My favorite was on a deer crossing sign on a rural California highway. Someone had carefully painted wings on the deer, so it became a Pegasus crossing. Apparently the highway department appreciated the artwork because I passed it numerous times during the five years I lived in California and it was always there.

This is the best one so far. LMAO!

On a bus shelter in San Francisco there is a poster advertising an optometrist. The tag line is, “Sqinting isn’t Sexy!” Underneath, someone had inked, “But it works for Clint Eastwood!”

My favorite that I have seen since moving to NYC is “PLO out of Ireland!”

I don’t remember the names or the exact wording, but there was grafitti on an underpass in a city where I lived in Georgia that read something to the effect of

Julian Suk’s little boy’s [del]kocks[/del] cocks!

where somebody (Julian?) had made the corrections and written “But at least he can fucking spell and punctuate correctly” in what was probably the longest sentence I’ve ever seen painted on a public work.

My favorite graffiti related story:

A friend of mine is a psychologist specializing in geriatric dementia. The reason I was with her was because the old lady had specifically asked her to “bring a young man with ya, I never get to see young men” (I was younger then, obviously). I was with her when she interviewed a very sweet but slightly daffy old lady at a nursing home who was discussing why she was in the home [it had nothing to do, she swore, with her mental and physical infirmities]).

italics = things loudly whispered as if in strictest confidence and to keep from the earshot of children (none of whom are present).

“When me and my husband moved into that neighborhood all those many years ago it was the nicest sweetest little place on earth. But you wouldn’t believe what all those kids and their gangs have done to it. They spray things on the buildings and the bridges and I mean nasty things, like * ess aitch I tee* and g- oh- dee- dee- ay- em- inn and inn- I- jee- jee ee are and Motherfucker!”

I didn’t want to and wish I hadn’t, but I sprayed Coke.

On the door of the stall I always use at the bar that I frequently play pool at, there is an advertisement for a brand of tampons. It’s not very grammatically correct. Some woman broke down the sentences and added corrections. Then another woman came along and lined that out and wrote “Get a life!”

It’s funnier when you’ve had a beer or three.

On the side of a boxcar:

“jail sucks”

perhaps they were about to get caught.

You mean the Washington, DC Temple. The Mormon Tabernacle is in Salt Lake City, Utah.

One new years morning, about 15 years ago, as I wandered, hung over, by the construction walls then around the Boston Public Library:

JESUS SAVES
He has the ball,
He shoots, he scores!

Seen on construction barriers in the student union at Florida State circa 2003:

“I dream of European lovers I haven’t met.” :wink:

It was later changed to “I dream of European lovers I haven’t smelled.” :stuck_out_tongue: