Welcome back to Paragon City - how to play the revived City of Heroes

Was it something we said?

Not at all. I’m just rarely on that toon, and almost never when there’s anyone else on.

Fourth toon to 50! Teardrops, my SS/Inv brute, who is in CECIL, got there today :slight_smile:

You’re still playing? I haven’t seen anyone else on in weeks.

My pure Praetorian is now my sixth Incarnate: Lore and Destiny almost unlocked, and he still hasn’t gone through the portal. It turns out that goldsiders can do Cathedral of Pain and the incarnate trials (though joining teams is difficult, since they can’t enter Ouroboros), and Belladonna Ventrano won’t talk to me for some crazy reason (hello, you’re from the same dimension I am!), but it’s still possible to flashback her arc. We can also do anything in AE, so I’ve been working my way through the tenth of a percent of AE arcs that aren’t farms.

Since most of the content he’s doing these days is incarnate, I’m finding that I’m using almost no threads: I’m getting tons of components from reward tables. I might not even need any of those hundred emp merits I handed down to him.

I’m occasionally popping in, but I have been preoccupied painting miniatures and playing C&C Remastered. I will be back around!

Yeah, I’m still logging in nearly every day, though not as many hours as before. 3+ months of not working leaves me with a lot of time on my hands, and even I can’t play video games all day, every day, without getting a bit bored. I’ve been getting back to making music. Busted out my bass guitar after too long away from it, and I’ve even bought a new electric guitar and have been relearning the songs I used to play in my distant youth before I decided to focus on the bass. Got myself the gear I needed to be able to plug my instruments into my computer, and have been fooling a bit with recording. Even got a microphone to record vocals, but I’ve been having difficulty getting it to work.

CoH-wise, I finally got Flaminatrix to T3 in all Incarnate slots. Got two of my non-CECIL characters to 50, but haven’t unlocked all of their slots yet, and then got Teardrops to 50. Also been trying to give some attention to my many other alts, most of which aren’t in CECIL. So I have quite a few alts at 30+, but now that Teardrops is 50, I have nothing in the 40 range. Couple 38s and a 39, though.

New WoW expansion probably coming out in August, so I’ll probably check that out, see if it’s any good. Though it does sound like it’s introducing yet another “new and exciting” set of hoops to jump through to progress.

There’s a SDMB CoH supergroup? What’s the name and which server?

C.E.C.I.L., on Everlasting. I’m @Dr. Clockwerk , on most evenings: Message me and I can invite you. I think Mr. Rik ( @RikOz ) is the current leader.

For certain definitions of “leader” :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mister_Rik or @CandidGamera , the next time one of you is on, could one of you bump one of my alts (preferably Dr. Clockwerk) up to at least Administrator? I find I’m often the only one on, and tried to do some minor base modification the other day but couldn’t.

Yep, no prob! I will pop on there later today and give the Doc an upgrade.

Apologies, looks like my access tops out at Moderator - but I was previously able to tweak base stuff. Maybe my rank dropped or the permissions changed?

Okay, Dr. Clockwerk promoted to Administrator.

I haven’t changed any permissions, except for opening up the back storage racks to everybody. Candid Gamera, I can promote you as well - which toon(s)?

I haven’t even logged on in weeks. Partly because I’ve been playing the newest version of Total Extreme Wrestling with most of my gaming time lately.

Sorry I haven’t played on the same server as you, but I have rl friends on Torchbearer and I have a couple of 50s I’m running through Incarnation hunts.

I placed an additional storage rack, but when I placed it the permissions on it were to be accessible only to administrator and perfect master, so I couldn’t use it nor change the permissions (odd that it let me place an item I couldn’t use). But it’s fine now.

I figured that we’re at a point where it makes more sense to use orange salvage than to sell it, so that’s what the new rack is for.

I haven’t logged in for a while either. I recently discovered Return of Reckoning, which is to Warhammer Online what Homecoming is to City of Heroes. I never played Warhammer back in the day but found it’s actually fun. I do plan to get back in and play Swift Justice some more, he’s still not to 50 yet.

I just saw and downloaded it. It feels very much the same. Not quite-there’s something slightly different about the feel of it so far-but it does bring back some nostalgia for sure! Is CECIL still active, and do you have a level limit?

There are some changes, at multiple levels: The player base is smaller, and that in itself is a change, and then the current devs have made some changes to try to mitigate the effect of that smaller player base. Plus, of course, there have been balance tweaks and occasional bits of new content.

The CECIL supergroup still exists, but though at any time I see several members with last-active dates within the past week, I almost never actually see anyone else on. I’m usually on around 9-10 PM Eastern (@Dr. Clockwerk), if you want an invite to the group.

So apparently Praetoria is not a popular starting zone? It’s been almost dead every time I’ve logged on. Weird.