Well, crap. Now I feel really old

He does look really good, certainly not 80 (going on 81). He was the oldest of the four Beatles, and he may well wind up being the last one standing.

Funny, since he was the only one who played sitting down. :smiley:

My “now I feel old” moment was on a different message board, where I was looking for info on an old cartoon, and then the subject of the Animaniacs came and how fun and inventive it was.

Was going to mention the original Warner Brothers inventors at Termite Terrace when one poster typed about the Animaniacs around 2016:

“Yeah Animaniacs [1993] was the greatest! Too bad that nowadays they don’t do cartoons like they used to.”

I’m actually not as old as the original WB classic toons, the original WB cartoons were shown on TV in my old country in English with Spanish subtitles in the 70"s; but, knowing now about the limitations animators had in the 30’s-50"s and the effort put on them, I wanted to scream “you ignorant whippersnapper!”

Do you ever play “what if I were the age I am now, the year I was born?”

Which would make me a kid who’d left high school to enlist in the American Expeditionary Force, who’s now offering my unsolicited opinion on the Cuba situation, these anti-segregation protesters and the pros and cons of the birth control pill.

Or another game: “born exactly 100 years earlier:”. I’d participated on the last Indian wars, and now, as the great pandemic passes I’m skeptical of the government taking away booze, and these young people expecting sex to be free of consequences.

You have fallen prey to the oldest curse of humankind:

I have turned into my mother!

Oh, so much this. I love finding music that is older than me and discovering that my niece and her guy love it. The other thing I love is that good music can cross boundaries of countries and language. And I love exploring it.

I agree @carnut ,
My Daddy used to play his LPs of Glen Miller orchestra (loud) when we were all doing Saturday chores.
To this day I hear big band music and I feel like dusting and polishing mirrors.

My oldest brother had all the Beatles albums. I knew Beatles music when I was very young. When he went to boot camp I stole all his albums. I still have them.

Good music is good music.

My brother gave me Beatles albums for Christmas and then stole them back because he thought i wasn’t listening to them enough. :grin: But I was, he just wasn’t home in the evenings.

Spencer Tracy was 58 when he made “The Old Man And The Sea”. So what does that make me, some kind of fossil?

Tracy had taken terrible care of himself, even given the drinking, smoking and fried food diet of the era. Given to days-long benders, he’d drink in the bathtub to unconsciousness, then wake up with his turds floating around him. “It’s not the year, it’s the mileage.”

A few years back, I happened to mention Carly Simon to my daughter, who was then probably a senior in high school. Very innocently, she asked “Who’s Carly Simon?”

Never felt so old in my life, before or since. :confounded:

I was in a conversation a couple of days ago and somebody mentioned the movie They Live (made in 1988) which they described as a “really old movie.”

A few days ago the Piper Cub asked me who the Beatles were. :scream:

I did teach the Lil’Wrekker about the Beatles.
And a few other groups

Didn’t do any good. She likes Taylor Swift and Showtunes.

I recently had occasion to post on another board about “compared to 100 years ago”. Later it hit me: when I was a kid “100 years ago” was the Wild West; now it’s the Roaring '20s and Prohibition. :grimacing:

@Lumpy, yep, that makes me feel old too even though I wasn’t alive in the '20s.

We’re all alive in the '20s.

I know: whenever I head anyone mention “The Twenties,” I think of the 1920s. The Roaring Twenties, The Jazz Age, flappers and speakeasies and all that. Odd to think that the current decade is also “the Twenties.”

I’ve heard the 2020s called “the Roaring WTFs”. Works for me.

@Seanette I must admit that that is a pretty doggone good name. So far, anyway.

The kids I work with, most in their 30’s think the 80s was a really really really long time ago. “That’s really old, you know, like from the 80’s.” Someone who was in grade school in the 80s’s is old to them.
I was married in the 80’s. I am not telling them that. Because I am afraid they might be right…