Well, crap. Now I feel really old

I was looking for Clarence the 'possum.
I walked out to the barn where Son-of-a-wrek was working on a tiller.
He had the radio on a classic rock station.
He said he saw that 'possum earlier in there. So I’m looking around and under things.
Not one song on that radio station was familiar.

Classic rock has lapped me.
I’m an older demographic now.:disappointed:

Excuse me while I down load some Lawrence Welk polka songs.

Oh, Clarence was in the office eating cat food.
“that possum ain’t right”

Fifteen years ago, I heard a Madonna song on a radio station that touted its “oldies” format. I’m old. :wink:

I remember watching Elvis on Ed Sullivan.

Everything after that is a blur.

heh! You wet behind the ears whipper snappers! Heh! You ain’t feelin’ old, heck yer jus’ feelin’ middle aged, (except panache, hard to beat Ed Sullivan) the way I felt back in th’ 90s when I realized my Gran’ pa was lissenin’ to an instrumental version of some Rollin’ Stones song on …(gotcher pearls firmly in hand?)…EASY LISTENING. It ain’t easy makin a twenty something feel old but dang if that didn’t do it

I will relish and gloat the day Overkill is played on oldies or easy listening

It’s not just the possum that ain’t right.
It’s the radio station that ain’t right.

Sure, they market themselves as a classic rock station. But they ain’t right.

If it ain’t got Jimi and Eric and Pete, it ain’t classic rock.
As ol’ Abe Lincoln said, “calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg”

You and me—we aren’t gettin’ old…
It’ s just that the kids these days…they ain’t right.

I just downloaded me some Ray Conniff, talent knows no bounds of age.

I hope I die before I get old.

I knew something was wrong when I heard a muzak version of “Satisfaction” in a German supermarket not so many moons ago. A rock and protest anthem in aisle four? Jeez.

Be careful what you wish for. My brother said he didn’t want to live to 90. And he didn’t. He didn’t even make 70.

On the other hand, I have a friend, with whom I’ve played D&D for decades, who is in his early 70s. His father, and most of his male relatives, died young, and he’s been spending the past 20 years saying, “I figure I don’t have much time left.”

My brain has trouble accepting that the songs from the 80s are older now than the songs from the 60s and 50s were when it was actually the 80s.

The last record I bought was in 1978 by the Who. :cool:

I note that of the 8 artists who have sold over 250 million records, only Rihanna started after 1980.
In order they are: Beatles / Elvis / Michael Jackson / Elton John / Madonna / Led Zeppelin / Rihanna / Pink Floyd.
Is your so-called ‘classic rock’ station playing these artists?!

I used to listen to Hit Parade in the mid-50s.

Back in the '80s I was looking at some “oldies” compilation tapes. Every song was younger than I was.

That’s because music was continuously evolving during the 1950s to 1980s. IMHO most types of pop music stopped changing around 1999 or 2000, so 80s music is still only 10 to 20 years old in that sense.

Piper Cub told me that he thinks that Michael Jackson is classic rock and would stand the test of time.

I asked, “What about the Beatles?”

He said: “Who are they?”

Dark Side of the Moon is 50 in two years. :laughing:
Brothers In Arms is 36.

And Bob Dylan just turned 80.

You know who looks younger that he should?
Ringo Starr.
Amirite?

And I used to watch it every week on tv.