We have been renovating a house for the past few months, and are going to be moving in soon. We had the water tested, and the well needs to be shocked. Not a big deal; had to do that with other houses in the past.
But since this house is undergoing renovation, not all of the faucets are installed/working. Some of the lines are just capped at the moment. Is it useless to shock the well before all of the fixtures can be opened? I’d like to shock the well now and flush the fixtures that are hooked up, so that we can move in. But will there be a reservoir of contaminated water in the capped-off lines that will just re-contaminate the rest of the water in the house lines? Should I re-shock the well once the other fixtures have been connected?