Well, what are you waiting for? Get the hell outta here!

You’d think it would have occurred to somebody in the movement that South Carolina isn’t a sovereign State.

The Christian fundamentalists want South Carolina and jihadists want Cardiff? From what I’ve heard about Cardiff it sounds like the Christians have a better idea.

Get stuffed, Lib. I did in fact know what you were referring to, and have visited their website to see what they’re about. I repeat: point out the violence committed in the name of atheism by that organization or any other. Otherwise it’s just more of your flatulence.

Maybe these people will rethink their destination when one of them happens upon Myrtle Beach. Hopefully, during Bike Week. We can only hope.

You poor pathetic dolt. Visit the Institute for Creation Research’s website — you’ll learn that they’re all about science.

Very well. I do not begrudge a man making up his own definition so long as he lets everyone know what he means. Otherwise, your “fundie” is indiscernable from someone else’s “homo”.

You still haven’t backed up your claim that American Atheists are violence-prone as a group. That’s what EddyTeddyFreddy asked for in her last post.

Asking for a cite that Madalyn Murray O’Hair was violent is like asking for a cite that Janet Reno is ugly. She, her spawn, and her grand-spawn ruled the organization with an iron fist until their disappearance. The whole organization was infamously tempestuous on account of them. They were kidnapped and murdered by American Atheist, David Waters, who was promoted by O’Hair when her attempt to take over Larry Flint’s assets failed. (She was blindsided by Flint’s brother, Jimmy.) Her whole life was one vicious screed after another aimed at people of faith. She was the Fred Phelps of atheists. She once wrote:

“What’s the matter with hating? It’s treated as a leper among the emotions. Why in the hell should we go on exuding sweetness and light?”

She said of nuns who worked at a local charity:

“They’re poor old dried-up women lying there on their solitary pallets yearning for Christ to come to them in a vision some night and take their maidenheads.”

She even said of her own son, upon his conversion to Christianity:

“One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times. He is beyond human forgiveness.”

He, by the way, has testified before Congress about her abuse and cruelty during his childhood. Her violence is legendary. So much so that you’ll notice her heirs at AA repeatedly stressing that people be nice and polite when they deal with Christians (their favored target). It’s going to take them some time to undo years of reputation.

Oh, I see. Because MMO’H was a vicious person, then ipso facto the organization she founded (and has not run for lo! these many years) is likewise vicious. Monolithically bent on violent overthrow of Christianity. Always in search of more hands to stab. Uh-huh.

By that logic, all Christians wish to persecute gays, make birth control illegal, and forcibly convert the heathen to evangelical Christianity.

Or perhaps this is the more appropriate line of reasoning: Lib is a member of the SDMB. Lib is batshit insane. Therefore, all members of the SDMB are batshit insane.

Not really, but it helps you get along with the regulars :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll just run away now

Okay, I’m still laughing over here. Is the url realultimatefundie.net taken?

As of right now, it’s open.

So? You’ve still failed to show that American Atheists are violence-prone as a group–as you claimed.

You should also note that David Roland Waters didn’t kill or kidnap the O’Hairs for any atheistic ideology. He intention was to rob them, and quite possible, exact revenge.

Yeah. It was violence. Just like in her own home.

And, so? Waters was a felon with a history of violent acts before joining American Atheists; he wasn’t violent because of it. At any rate, you’ve thus far managed to let us know that O’Hair was violent–as was Waters. Two people out of a large membership. You’ve still failed to support your claim that American Atheists members are violence-prone as a group. If you have cites, show them. If you don’t, why not retract your statement?

I don’t know about everyone else, but I sure haven’t read any articles claiming that American Atheists are either preaching violence or wandering around in gangs intent on beating up believers. But I dunno: maybe there has been a couple segments on 60 Minutes that I missed.

… flail flail flail …

All atheists to this? Odd, but I don’t remember stabbing you in the hand with a pen, or, for that matter, stabbing anyone, anywhere with anything. Please refresh my memory of when I did that. TIA & all that.

OBTW, just because you think you were “reasonable” does not mean you were - the atheist may well have thought you were a flaming asshole.

I’ve met every damn one of them and some you didn’t mention and believe me, you DON’T have to leave the suburbs.

Come **ON ** people!

We give them Texas!

Hey **Liberal ** It seems you want to argue about who is more violent.
How about Eric Rudolph, Dennis Malvasi, or James Kopp. They seem like a pretty rough bunch. Tell me again who did Madalyn Murray O’Hair shoot or bomb?