Were horses injured in House of Flying Daggers?

There was a scene in House of Flying Daggers where several horses rolled after they were hit with weapons, and one where a horse was tripped and did a full forward somersault. Were any animals hurt during the filming of this movie? It looked real, and I find it difficult to believe that the animals could’ve done that without force.

I haven’t seen it, but it’s entirely possible that they used dummy horses for those stunts. There is a section on one of the LOTR dvd’s where they discuss the use of those so that real horses didn’t have to actually get hit.

I was wondering, since it looked to me a lot like that running wire thing that has been banned in US films. However, I don’t see the ASPCA complaining about it, so it must have been some sort of trick.

Could they have simply been CG horses? That seems to be the standard way to do animal stunts these days.

One quick Google later:

http://www.worldwidedvdforums.com/sutra14700.html&sid=5b72a0f73172f1caf415159f08347906

Can’t guarantee the authenticity of the email, of course.

What did you use for a Google search? I tried “house of flying daggers” and injured horses and didn’t see this link.

What did you use for a Google search? I tried “house of flying daggers” and injured horses and didn’t see this link.

Do a Google search on ‘animal cruelty house of flying daggers’ and you’ll get a fair number of hits.