Were you raised vegan/vegetarian? What are you now?

Q: How do you know if you’re eating with a vegan?

A: Just wait. They’ll tell you eventually.

Claverhouse, I believe the term you’re looking for is Carcass-Eater. That’s more technically correct, while preserving the moral superiority angle.

At 2??? How did that work? Did you just not like the taste of meat? I can’t imagine you understanding enough of the world to refuse the meat for moral or health reasons. And your parents didn’t discipline you to eat what was on your plate? Very interesting.

My next door neighbor has 2 kids in an all-vegetarian house. The daughter (16) is very pro-vegetarian, although not at all preachy. The boy (14) sneaks over to our house regularly and asks for ham.

When I was a toddler, I would eat pieces of cut up wieners and sausages and then (according to my mom) I just slowly stopped liking meat. Once I was in kindergarten I realized what it meant to say “we’re having chicken for dinner” that it was an actual chicken and that started me on my way to eating no meat.

I’ve never even tasted a lot of meat things like steak or a porkchop.

We were mostly forced to eat what was on our plate but enough times of me gagging and vomiting on the table during meals and my dad eventually gave up. :slight_smile: