West Wing (4/4/01)

Hey everybody, we haven’t had a WW thread for a while (however, there is a technical WW thread over in GQ, if anyone wants to check it out).

I’m going to say this right now, and I want everyone to remember it.

Sam and Ainsley hooked up last night in the kitchen.

That’s it. That’s all I’m saying. One minute, she leaves the kitchen once she figures out that there is no all-night pastry chef. Then the next minute Sam and Ainsley are walking in together with a tray full of filled coffee mugs with everyone asking what took so long, to which Sam replies that he dropped the tray.

Q. How funny would it have been to see Sam drop a tray full of coffee mugs in the White House?

A. So funny, in fact, that there’s no way Sorkin would have deleted the scene. Unless of course that scene never existed, because they were too busy bumping boots on the cutting board.

Discuss.

I can’t believe you noticed this. Glad I’m not the only one, although 'til now I figured it was my overactive imagination. When they suddenly cut to the scene where they walked in the conference room with the coffee, I thought “That’s some strange editing, I wonder what happened down there?” Then “Nah… that’d be… improper, I guess.” Then he explained it away with the tripping thing, and bought it.

But I bet you’re right. That’d make things a little spicier. Can’t wait to see how it plays out. She’s a cutie.

I also can’t wait to see how this MS thing plays out. He obviously has to run again, but the marriage seems rocky enough to me that it may not survive him breaking that deal with his wife. And you just know the story’s gonna leak before they release it themselves.

Why does he have to run again? I seriously doubt he will, I think they put the MS thing into the story line to make the series self limiting. If he does run again, it obviously will come out, and he will lose, likely losing the party nomination to his VP, who’s obviously positioning himself to run.

Maybe this is a little insurance against the whole cast holding out for better contracts.

I must disagree.

Because this show is all about the honor and duty those who work in the WW are supposed to feel about their job, and where they work.

Sam and Ainsley were working. They were in the White House. Therefore, they wouldn’t have boom-boomed.

Now, our last president, on the other hand, would have been waddling around like a penguin with his pants and boxers around his ankles, trying to catch her. :wink: