What a good idea! Let's have Lockheed fucking Martin conduct the Canadian census!

Well.

I learn something every day.

I’m still trying to clarify what’s precisely wrong with Lockheed-Martin. Your last post said clearly (and I fully agree and support) “I don’t want anyone but Statistics Canada to have access to that information.” However, there’s been a bit of a fuss about L-M being an American corporation. If I’m reading too much into this, I apologize.

However, regarding the last c&p of yours, matt - are government contractors included in that as “all interviewers and other Statistics Canada employees”? That may be the ‘out’ that is being used to legitimize this.

You’re aware, of course, of Lockheed Martin Canada? More than 600 employees across the entire nation.
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/canada/about.htm

And as far as security of the information goes, there’s this:

It would seem that given this, LM-C should have a pretty good handle on informational security. Am I to understand you don’t mind that Lockheed Martin has classified information strategic to the national security of your country, but your worried about them knowing you’re a pagan?

“General Westmoreland, somehow the Canadians have discovered that we’re trying to nullify the super-human abilities granted by fresh-brewed Molsen’s Golden.
Abort the Mission! Abort the Mission!!!”

Ah-one
Ah-two
BOOOOM
Tha-Ree.

Three canadians live in Canada.

Next Pit Thread: Uncle Beer conducts census of Lockheed Martin Canada.

Just a random thought or two:

A quick google on “muslims canada” returns several articles speaking to the increase of the muslim population in Canada, and the resulting growth is Islam. A couple of articles suggest Islam is second only the Christianity and the fasted growing religion in Canada.

Considering this and the present climate in Washington it may not be a stretch to suspect census data is of interest to DC and may eventually find its way south of the border.

As before…just a random thought!!

I’m gonna start with this guy:

Daniel R. Spoor
President
Lockheed Martin Canada

Oh shit. He’s not a native Canadian - and what’s worse, he served in some capacity for United Way, and the boy scouts.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/canada/spoor.htm

So much for informational security.

It’s apparently been confirmed.

I now live in fear for the day that a [Helen Lovejoy]giant foreign weapons contractor[/HLJ] breaks down my door in their evil quest to round up all 28 year old married males who earn under $50,000/year for their underground mutant mole army.

As a Canadian I find this is a very interesting point. I am now officially concerned.

Well duh. The widows done killed the widowers to be. :wink:

Doesn’t much surprise me that LMCO bid for census work. I work for the other giant government contractor and it has 8 or 9 different sectors, one of which is an outsourcer of tech support.

In the interest of accuracy the following “official” numbers from Statcan place Muslems 8th behind RC’s in total population and 3rd in growth (behind RC and No Religion) for those immigrated between 1991 and 2001.

http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census01/products/highlight/Religion/Page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo=PR&View=1b&Code=01&Table=1&StartRec=1&Sort=2&B1=Canada&B2=Counts

Matt, would you be any less concerned if it were being done by Bombardier or Magellan? Or is the Americanness of it all that’s hard to swallow?

I would say it’s the Americanness, sorry, and I’m with matt on this one.

“And in Defense news this week, fully 99% of Canadian citizens would be in favor of their government equipping the Air Force with the stealthy new F-22 Raptor fighter plane …”

matt, I like you, so just between you and me, don’t be anywhere near the border come next April 7th. You didn’t hear this from me.

So, are you folks in Quebec NOW less worried about English-speaking CANADIANS?

You say you now feel downright warm & fuzzy toward them?

p.s. - if the US military wanted to track Muslim Canadians, they can do so without going to the trouble of conducting an entire national census, fer crying’ out loud. Get a grip.

Extraneous, Matt is an English-speaking Canadian.

Make that English-only, then - don’t make me look up the term for French-speaking residents of Quebec (sorry, no accent marks on this boy’s keyboard).

You folks still measuring the font size on French vs. English text on public signage?

shrug Gives the cynical bastard (technically bitch, but it just didn’t sound right in this circumstance) in me the oogies, personally, but I’ll be perfectly willing to admit it makes me sound completely paranoid.

Just because you think someone’s out to get you doesn’t mean there isn’t. :wink: