What actor is the current king of science fiction?

They’ve done Stephen Hawking, Stan Lee, Leonard Nimoy, Summer Glau and Katee Sackhoff. Is anything left?

I’m picturing one of them walking toward the door while saying “Is it someone from Star Trek? Or one of the X-Men?” And – cue Patrick Stewart.

Chewbacca.

You can’t forget Deep Blue Sea. Seriously, you can’t. I know; I’ve tried.

However, it does make SLJ the only person to be eaten by a dinosaur and a shark. (The only one I can think of anyway.) Plus he was killed by Darth Vader. That’s a pretty impressive trifecta.

Killed by Palpatine, actually. And if he was as bad-ass as he was supposed to be, he could have Force-flown his sorry ass to a balcony somewhere on the way down instead of becoming Corusacant street-pizza.

I have to +1 this one. We also have to add Ghostbusters 2, Alien Resurection and WALL-E to the list. (and possibly a future Avatar 2 to bring it to 10)

In terms of currently big name actors doing big name science fiction?

I’d tend to look at Will Smith (regardless of how good the movies are):

Independence Day
Men in Black (and II and III)
Enemy of the State (not really meant as such but driven by technology not yet in existence)
Wild Wild West (in a more steampunky way)
I, Robot (and II)
After Earth

With Hancock (superhero) and I Am Legend (science-initiated horror) thrown in.

weird, I searched the thread to see if Will Smith was mentioned. Didn’t see it and so posted. Then read the thread (I like to answer things like this before being influenced).

Seeing Will Smith mentioned repeatedly, I then realized for some reason I search for Matt Damon (who also is putting in some pretty good SF titles, especially if you count Bourne).

Christopher Lee, who was killed by Vader, fought everyone from James Bond to Captain America to Gandalf after playing Frankenstein’s monster.

Wait, Sigourney Weaver was in Wall-E? I never realized.

Patrick Stewart is exactly who I was thinking as I read your post. Or Ian McKellen, though LOTR is fantasy.

But Shatner played the Big Giant Head in 3rd Rock from the Sun.

As big of a Trek fan I am, I’ll nominate R2D2. The droid. IN all the Star Wars films and he was in Close Encounters and I’m told he is in Raiders but I’ve never seen him. I think he is seen in E.T. as well.

Christian Bale is John Connor battling the Terminator and Bruce Wayne battling anybody else; it admittedly gets thin after that – Equillibrium and The Prestige, plus maybe Reign of Fire – but that’s still a heck of a one-two punch.

Surely you’re kidding. And don’t call me Shirley. :smiley:

1. Patrick Stewart
  2. Keanu Reeves
  3. Will Smith
  4. Harrison Ford

No votes for Summer Glau? Firefly, the 4400, that Terminator TV show, Mammoth cough cough.

I’d rather watch her than any of those others.

Actress.

And who killed him? Yeah, that’s right; he took on both Captain Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard easy as using his time machine to defeat Jack the Ripper, after getting turned into A Clockwork Orange, before playing the mutant Big Bad on HEROES back when that actually meant something. If you want post-apocalyptic hijinks in TANK GIRL or BOOK OF ELI or DOOMSDAY, then he’s your guy. You want sci-fi comedy about futuristic stealth aircraft, with Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson? You hire the guy who was playing it straight opposite Roy Scheider some twenty years earlier. You want Dennis Hopper in a movie about fugitive psychics? Stacy Keach in a movie about robot schoolteachers? Malcolm McDowell will be there.

Nm…

A dangerous outsider;

Played in Blade Runner, Ladyhawke, Split Second, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Surviving the Game, Omega Doom, Armageddon (Death Line), Sin City, Batman Begins…

Rutger Hauer