What Age Is Too Old To Get Married

I’m almost 37…

and I’m wayyyy too immature to even consider getting married. :wink:

I married at thirty, divorced at fifty and re-married at fifty-six. One may certainly be too young to marry, but not too old.

This is one of those borderline threads, but I think it’s enough in the spirit of IMHO that it warrants moving over to that forum.

I am an old man, and I can’t see any reason why a woman would want to marry an old man unless he were rich. By the way, this doesn’t apply to the OP’s case because 36 is far from old.

My reason is just practicality and probabality based. An anectotal account: A old woman friend of my sister got married to an old man. Things went great for about a year, then he had a stroke. She spent the next 3 years tending to a vegetable.

Two high school classmates of mine got married at the age of about 75. Both were in what seemed to be good health. In about a year and a half they were hauling oxygen tanks around for him and then he died in another year.

Old men my age (79) can become a terrible burden at any time. But as I said, this doesn’t fit white-tigress’ situation. In your case go for it, but if you’ve got money watch out.

If Anna Nicole-Smith is ogling you, you’re too old to be married.

I think it’s better to wait until you find the right person than to keep marrying and divorcing, or worse - be stuck in an unhappy marriage.

If you really want to get married, then cut yourself loose from your current partner & get what you want. FWIW