What am I seeing?

Okay this is difficult to describe and may sound a little weird, but bear with me. Ever since I can remember I can see these things floating around on my eye. I can only describe it as if you were looking under a microscope at some translucent organisms. They are non-symmetrical and motionless, unless I move my eye in which case they just glide across. Usually I dont even notice them unless I pay attention to it. I’ve never told anyone because either they wouldnt know what I was talking about or think I’m crazy.

Here’s my theory… They are some dead microsopic organisms that are on my eyeball and are magnified by the lens of my eye. Thus, allowing me to see them. Thats the only explanation I can come up with… any other ideas?

I think everybody has those, at least I do. The only term I have herd them refered to is FLOATERS. As to what they are I would guess just something in the eyeball jelly.

They are called floaters. They aren’t on your eye. They are in your eye.

http://interservicesnetwork.tripod.com/floaters/

The Master: What are those threads that float in your field of vision?

A bit more info from a previous thread.

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one who experienced that. I guess Cecil really does know everything. :slight_smile: Thanks guys.

Hmm interesting. I have those too, but I can generally only see them when it’s fairly bright outside. And here I was thinking I was unique…

Well, sure, it’s just that he hasn’t gotten around to answering all the questions. Yet.