What archaic clothing choices do you miss?

I am partial toward edwardian smoking jackets-they are quite difficult to find these days. also, those late 1940’s men’s jackets-that had the sleeves and lapels of a different material than the jacket (Howard Hughes wore these, on his rare public appearances).
Also, the cooldbroad brim hats that gangsters of the 1930’s wore-and double breated suits (like Jack Nicholson wore in “Chinatown”).

Hats, hats, and more hats. And not those ubiquitous redneck ball caps that are popular these days.

I’m talking about old-school, stylish hats for men and women.

Woman in a baseball cap = snooze.

Woman in a stylish hat = teh sexxy.

Cuirasses just dropped off the map after Napoleans day. Why can’t folks appreciate clothing that can be polished? For that matter, I’d love to wear a steel gauntlet for work. An iron fist would be so appropriate for a government worker like me.

I have to disagree with you a bit, here. That ponytail-pulled-through-the-back-of-the-cap look really works on some women.

you could find plenty of what you’re looking for today if you would search “braces” instead.

I wish we could bring back women’s hats. It seems only black women going to church wear hats nowadays.

I’ve always liked Madonna’s hat with the – what’s the word? – open-knit veil that she wore in the “Take a Bow” video:

And I can’t find a picture of it, but the gray greatcoat Sean Bean sometimes wore in the Sharpe’s movies would be so hot on certain kinds of tallish, well-built men. Woof!

This site has a lot of fun vintage clothing for women and men. I especially like the pre-'50s clothing for women, although I can’t see wearing it to work or anything.

Arming coats and chainmail. With appropriate accessories.

There are days when I need the armor, and other days when I’d like to use the accessories on certain parties.

Huh, that revamp site is interesting, if severely limited in its inventory. These guys cover a broader swath of history and they seem pretty good at what they do. I’d cough up for some of their 1910s-1920s duds for sure.

Take your facts back to Wales where they belong.