What are male "sluts" called?

Rock Stars

Contestant #3

well, my friends and I have always called them “man-whores” or “boy-sluts” or just plain old “slut” works for me. I don’t see why it shouldn’t apply to both sexes.

tipi :slight_smile:

or you can quote Tennesee Williams:
“gaudy seed-bearer”

I don’t know who first said “everyone’s a critic,” but I think it’s a really stupid saying.

I wonder what percentage of men here could even be a slut if they wanted to? Being happily married now I do not care to research this, but when I was in high school getting laid was tantamount to the search for the holy grail. In college it was ‘getting lucky’ (or was it winning the lottery?). Actually, I don’t use the word and am all for people having as much safe sex as possible.

Can you be a slut in your heart?
Can any woman choose to be a slut (Can she get laid anytime she wants)?
How has the double standard effected sexuality in America?
Do failed wanna-be male sluts become serial killers?

Is there truth to these two scenarios:

1. A young man wants to get laid. He dresses up and hits the street intent on completing the mission. Strategies deeply embedded in his mind with back up plans. Zeros in on target and begins the manipulation, is rejected, regroups and seeks out new target. Repeat. Drugs and tequila working wonders–slips into alter ego, tells lies, scores. In the morning tells her he will call her.

2. A young woman has an itch. Thinks it is time to bag a male of superior genetic quality. Dresses up, hits the street intent on completing the mission. Strategies deeply embedded in her mind with back up plans. Zeros in on target and begins the manipulation, is rejected (he’s married or gay), regroups and seeks out new target. Narrows down field to 3 targets (rejects guy that smells like tequila) tells contestant #2 that he’ll do. In the morning tells him she will call him before he can get the words out.

Back to the name, how about: Public utility pole?

I’m with Tipiwoo here, a slut is a slut is a slut. Degrading and selfish behavior is not the purvey ( god, I love that word ) of one gender over the other.
Philosophical debates over promiscuity, fertility, and reproduction are off-topic ( as they say in the field of education). The query was simple. I think that a slut is a slut. Act with a complete lack of self-respect, and you wind up with a sexual partner who doesn’t respect you, instead of a lover who cherishes you.
There. That’s MY two cents sitting there.

Typer

No c&p

He’d be called a player, of course!

Why couldn’t you just call him a “male slut?”

~Ruby Sunbeam~
Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.

I love how Typer has to mention that by being a slut (male or female) means one has no self-respect. I’d certainly love to take issue with that! There are plenty of self-loving promiscuous people in the world - ones who don’t want to be tied down (pardon) but who like to relieve the tension and sample the merchandise.

That’s too bad, because you’re using it wrong. To purvey means to supply, as goods. It is not a noun. The word you are looking for is “purview”.

I always liked “Mimbo” for male-bimbo.

But the reality is “male slut”

Male “Slut” is a stud. Because male is opposite of female, slut would be bad for female but good for male as two negatives equal a positive. That is why men who have many partners are envied and women are disgraced.

I’ve heard “himbo”. I think it was used in a movie.

mimbo, himbo, both good…but the real name for a male slut is …husband!

don’t flame me ( ducking and covering head)
I was just kidding!
:slight_smile:

It seems to me that the reason for female promiscuity being looked down upon is very simple. A man has every reason to be promiscuos. He can have as many children as he women that he impregnates. A woman can only have one child every 9 months no matter how many men she sleeps with. Therefore, a woman who sleeps with many partners is only hurting herself by exposing herself to diseases without any added benefit.

These feelings are probably deeply ingrained in our genes and no amount of feminist philosophy is going to change them much.

{{{mimbo, himbo, both good…but the real name for a male slut is …husband!
don’t flame me ( ducking and covering head)
}}}—Kell

:::Lighting the Barbeque:::
:slight_smile:

Kalél
(The Original EnigmaOne)
Common ¢ for all ages.