What are the Great Sports Controversies of our Time?

2006 Duke University lacrosse case.

Should most at-large bids in the NCAA basketball tournament go to mid-major teams that had excellent seasons (say, a 22-8 record), or should they mostly go to big schools from power conferences that go 18-12?

Manure were playing last night?

That’s a fair point but, at least in Australia, the controversy hasn’t gone away.

Link.

Add one more game and the NCAA tourney would be inclusive. 128 teams would take all major programs.

The largest current controversy is whether American college football teams should have a playoff and if so, how.

Should the MLB All-Star game decide who gets home field advantage in the World Series?

Should replay in baseball go beyond reviewing questionable homerun calls? Like close plays at the plate?

Should high school students be recruited by the Pros?

I remember serious arguments - it’s no longer an issue, but it was a big deal a little while back.

Should hoops players be allowed to leave after freshman year (in which they may or may not have attended classes).

My big one:

Should agents/boosters also be punished if they violate NCAA rules on improper benefits?

You say this like it’s a good thing.

That would make the first round last from Tuesday through Sunday (I’m hypothesizing). I don’t think I could survive that week in Las Vegas. My head and liver would explode and my wallet would empty trying to put down 32 bets both on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Even if they played the first round on Saturday and Sunday, that would mean spending 9 days in Vegas, which is clearly not survivable.