What are your favorite series novels?

Mine are Donald Hamilton’s Matt Helm, very different from the films, and Patrick O’Brian’s Jack Aubrey.

Modesty Blaise, followed by The Destroyer.

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

Philip Kerr’s 14 Bernie Gunther novels. Alas, Kerr died in 2018 so there won’t be any more.

Donald E. Westlake’s Dortmunder books are a treasure to be treasuredly treasured.

Also, Sue Grafton’s alphabet series. Don’t tell mrs. dirtball, but I might just be in love with Kinsey Millhone.

Tarzan and Pellucidar once upon a time. In recent years Discworld.

This is completely different from a novel series…

I recall the name Modesty Blaise, but I have no idea about the books.

P. G. Wodehouse: the Blandings Castle books, then [ƒanƒare, please] the Wooster and Jeeves series.

Outlander, Diana Gabaldon.

The Sea of Fertility set and the Aubrey/Maturin collection (esp. the one from Norton).

There are thirteen books in the series, not to mention decades of comic strips and comic books.

Discworld by Terry Pratchett.
Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams.

The Middle Fork time travel series by Shawn Inmon.

Yep.

LotR.

Rivers of London Ben Aaronovitch

Nero Wolfe by Rex Stout.

Do you watch the show? Big fans in our household, been watching since the first episode. It will air its final season in 2025.

I’m not a big series reader, but this was the best one that had a lot of books to it.

I think the Harry Potter series was perfection, but has been over for 16 year…if you can believe it.

Excellent stuff. What do think of Robert Goldsborough? I recently read “Archie Goes Home” wherein Archie visits his Mother in the Mid West. It is ridiculous, of course. Archie has no Mother, he sprang fully grown from Wolfe’s forhead.

The Bosch series by Michael Connelly.
The Longmire series by Craig Johnson, although his last offering was poor.
The Prey series by John Sandford.

Way back in the day I was a Hardy Boys fan. And I really liked the H. Ryder Haggard books about Alan Quatermain, although I’m not sure if you could call that a series. I think I read all 14 of the Oz books.

Another Bosch vote.
Walter Mosely’s Easy Rawlins
The Ian Rankin Rebus series.
Val McDermid’s Carol Jordan/Tony Hill books.
Stuart MacBrides’s Logan McCrae.
Westlake’s Dortmunder and Parker.
Lawrence Bloch’s Scudder and Keller .
Louise Penny: Inspector Gamache.