What are your favorite songs that begin with the letter E and were released on or after January 1, 2000? See rules in OP (FINAL POLL ADDED)

RULES:

Submissions must begin with the letter E. Exclude articles such as “a”, “an”, “the”, etc. that begin the title. Example: “The Hokey Pokey” belongs in the H poll, not the T poll.

Songs must have been first released on or after January 1, 2000.

IMPORTANT: You must include the year of release with each submission. Entries that do not will be excluded.

No cover songs allowed, unless the original was released on or after 1/1/2000.

I humbly ask for everyone’s assistance in ensuring that we all adhere to these rules. Please politely point out any questionable entries.

Submissions are limited to 5 per person. Please do not post title suggestions or comments on alternative titles. This takes a little of the fun out of the process. It is ok, after the polls are posted, to name titles that have been overlooked.

If you edit your already-posted entry to make a change, I may not see it. Please do not edit your posted list or re-post your entire list – this gets confusing - just add a new post with changes or additions only. EXAMPLE: Remove “A Day in the Life” and add “Daddy Don’t You Walk So Fast.”

You are allowed to make changes to your entries (see previous paragraph) up until the time that the first polls are posted.

You must include the artist (not the composer, unless they are the same person) or your submission will not be counted.

Polls will appear in this thread once submissions begin to wind down.

Classical releases are excluded.

Final poll, also in this thread, will narrow the field to 10-ish.

1. The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga (2011)
  2. Epilogue - i_o & Lights (2020)
  3. Everybody’s Fool - Evanescence (2003)
  4. Everything Eventually - Appleton (2003)
  5. Everywhere - Michelle Branch (2001)

Early Roman Kings - Bob Dylan (2009)

Eavesdrop – The Civil Wars (2013)

Egg & Daughter Nite, Lincoln Nebraska, 1967 (Crazy Bone) - John Prine (2018)

Every Day Is a Miracle - David Byrne (2018)

Everything Must Go - Steely Dan (2000)

Ex-Girlfriend- No Doubt (2000)
Everything I Wanted- Billie Eilish (2019)
Exile- Taylor Swift and Bon Iver (2020)
Everybody Knows You Cried Last Night- the Fratellis (2006)
Empire State of Mind- Jay Z and Alicia Keys (2009)

Éblouie par la nuit – ZAZ (2010)
Emmylou – First Aid Kit (2012)
Enough for you – Olivia Rodrigo (2021)
Evil On The Inside – ZZ Ward (2023)
Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King (2015)

Already 3 from my list gone (Gaga, Branch, Jay Z & Alicia Keys)!

Expert In A Dying Field The Beths, 2022

erase me Lizzy McAlpine (feat. Jacob Collier), 2022
Emotion Mia Rodriguez, 2019
Evil Spider Benee, 2020

Everybody Says They’re Fine Sigrid, 2022

Panda Bear & Sonic Boom - Edge of the Edge - 2021
Big Freedia - Explode - 2014
Panda Bear & Sonic Boom - Everything’s Been Leading to this Dub (Adrian Sherwood Version) - 2023
The Black Angels - Entrance Song - 2010
Gillian Welch - Everything is Free - 2001

RELEASE YOUR WIGGLE!!!

So many Texas freeways in this psych banger.

That last one is really my favorite. I honestly thought that record had been released in the late 90s.

The Edge - Akala (ft Niara) (2006)

Euthanasia - Will Wood (2022) - WARNING - may cause a lot of crying.

Everybody Knows That You’re Insane - Queens of the Stone Age (2005)

Everybody’s Dead Inside - Alissic (2022)

Everything You Ever - Neil Patrick Harris (from “Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”) (2008)

A surprisingly morbid collection apart from the upbeat first one, but what can I say.

I also have a couple of songs with Spanish titles starting with “El” but I’m going to assume they fall under the articles exclusion.

I didn’t have many E’s to start off with, and peccavi picked off Elle King’s “Exes and Oh’s” so that leaves me with:

Electric Love - Børns (2015)
Eleanor - Low Millions (2004)

Wow! Just when I think I’ve got you figured out (musical taste wise).

Have you listened to Kassi Valazza or Mikayla McVey? They both have eerily similar styles to Gillian’s song above.

Easy on Me - Adele (2021)
Electric Feel - MGMT (2007)
English Tea - Paul McCartney (2005)
Everybody Talks - Neon Trees (2012)

Nice.

eso es correcto.

mmm

Hard to come up with E’s this morning

Emmene-moi Perle Lama 2006 A sing-along zouk anthem Mom (youtube.com) Video is a little race, may by NSFW

1. Ether Song - Turin Brakes, 2005
  2. Everything In Its Right Place - Radiohead, 2000

j

Hehehe, what did you have me figured as?

I’m genuinely curious, since I don’t really know what my tastes are. I think that it’s so affected by my current mindset, it’s almost random. My poor friends suggest songs that I should like, but they often end up not landing with me.

For instance, by all rights I should at least like Animal Collective. I love pretty much everything Panda Bear puts out, and he’s their drummer. Nope! Leaves me bored, mostly.

Nope, cannot say that I’ve heard of them before now. Will have to give them a listen today.

Hehe, thankya. Now that I realize that record qualifies, I’ll be using it for several of my picks. Not a bad track on it.

E-Pro – Beck (2005)
Empty – Metric (2005)
Entertain – Sleater-Kinney (2005)
Everlong – Foo Fighters (2007)
Every Day’s the Weekend – Alex Lahey (2017)

Every Planet We Reach is Dead - Gorillaz (2005)
Every Window is a Mirror - Joywave (2022)