What brands are not junk?

Inspired by this interesting thread:
Once Great Firm’s Names Now Appearing…On Low-End Junk?

What firms are not junk? Pick any consumer or prosumer product and what company sells high quality high value products? Or at least what labels are out there that signify high quality? I need a Christmas shopping list!

Leatherman. Solid, high quality, dependable, amazing customer service.

Apple.
Optoma.
A second vote for Leatherman.
Makita and Ryobi cordless tools.
Citizen Eco-drive watches.
(all from personal experience)

Snap-on tools.

Kelty camping products.

Stihl chainsaws (and other gas-powered tools).
(Surely this is headed toward IMHO.)

Zippo lighters
Marmot sleeping bags

Ecco - Shoes.

My Coach leather wallet is 5 years old and you could, almost, put it back on the shelf and sell as new.

St. Croix makes a damn good men’s sweater.

Want to make the women in your life get warm fuzzies from you…Martin and Osa clothing - they specialize in soft feeling clothes.

Under Armour

Asics running shoes

Michelin and Goodyear tires

Pottery Barn

Honda marine engines

Formula boats

Coach

L.L. Bean

Tilley hats

Paradise On A Hanger shirts

Fenix flashlights

Duluth Trading Co.

I’ll second L. L.Bean. They went bad for a while, putting out way too many catalogues, kind of poor construction, but they’ve managed to come back.

Sorrelwinter boots

Henckel kitchen knives

Rapala fishing knives

Microplane graters

KitchenAid mixers (not so much their other products)

Ekornes furniture

Keen shoes

I think this is better suited for IMHO than GQ.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Some of the low-end Ryobi tools are junk. I’ve never owned or heard of a Makita tool that is of poor quality.

Unfortunately, I’ve had bad experience with three Citizen Eco-drive watches. In all of them the drive failed well before its life expectancy. Two of them were within warranty and were repaired at no cost. OTOH, as inexpensive as they are, Casio watches never seem to fail.

Philster - Some Goodyear tires are junk.

Birkenstocks.

If food products can meet the OP, then Boar’s Head.

Maui Jim Sunglasses

Outstanding product, and even better customer service. I broke a frame recently and sent them in for repair along with the processing fee. For no apparent reason, they waived the fee! I opened the box to find my shades good as new, along with the uncashed the check I had sent!

I don’t know if it signifies high quality, but the hook design on Nite Ize cell phone cases ensures they never fall off my belt. Every other brand I used has fallen - at least once, and usually pretty often. I think I’ve had 6 Nite Ize cases with no cell phones ever hitting the floor.

Any Columbia jacket.
They are warm, comfortable, damn near totally waterproof, and usually thin so they are easy to store

Onkyo receivers