What can I do in Boston With Limited Cash?

Right now I’m visiting a friend who goes to Boston College for spring break and I have no idea what I’m supposed to do here all week. Unfortunately my spring break is this coming week and his was this past week. So other than follow him around class and bum around in his dorm room, I can’t really think of anything else to do. I’m underraged so I can’t go to bars (ridiculous american laws…) and i’m in college so i can’t afford anything too spectacular. Or anything that resembles spectacular, for that matter.
So does anyone know anything I can do in Boston, if possible near the Boston College area that’s not too expensive or free.
Any suggestions are welcome and thanks.

Walk the Freedom Trail. It is really quite moving. Check out when the free day is at the Museum of Fine Art; it’s world class. See if the Berklee School of Music has any free concerts. Take a walk on the Boston Common and the Boston Public Garden next door. Window shop on Newbury Street.

Are you at the main Chestnut Hill campus of Boston College? Green Line B, of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA), has a Boston College stop at the north end of campus.

Walk the Freedom Trail. The National Park Service visitor center at 15 State St. (tel. 617/242-5642) offers booklets with self-guided tours. Open 7 days a week.

The Museum of Fine Arts is open 7 days a week. Admission is $13 for students; or free on Wednesday from 4 to 9:45 p.m. Take the MBTA Green Line E, Museum of Fine Arts stop; or the Orange Line, Ruggles stop.

The museum portion of The John F. Kennedy Library and Museum is open 7 days a week. Admission for adults is $8. The MBTA Red Line, JFK/UMass stop, will get you there.

The Museum of Science is open 7 days a week. Admission to the Exhibit Halls is $13 for adults. You can take the MBTA to get there.

The New England Aquarium is open 7 days a week. Admission is $15.95 for adults. MBTA directions.

The Boston Phoenix is the city’s main weekly newspaper, and offers a complete guide to events and entertainment. You should be able to find copies in numerous places at Boston College.

And the New England Convervatory.

Browse bookshops…there’s millions of them.

I agree with many of the previous posters. There are many free and reduced price museums here in Boston. If you are looking for a quality cheap lunch, I can steer you to the North End of Boston. On Hanover street (main drag in the North End) there is a little lunch place called Gallaria Umberto. It only opens for lunch, and looks like a dive, but the food (especially the aracini - rice balls filled with meat, sauce, peas, and cheese) is divine. You can get an aracini, pizza slice, and soda for under $5. Most excellent!