What can i do with all these peaches?

Where i live peaches have finally hit. big, juicy and oh so sweet. So I bought a few to make sure they were good and not dry inside and they are as tasty as I remember. But besides eating them plain, and cutting them up and putting them on my cereal, are there any other suggestions on what to do?? I’d like to go out and buy more.

How about freezing them? Will they keep like frozen strawberries do, and then be almost as good when I thaw them out?? Any easy recipes?

Ours came in a bit earlier. :smiley:

They’re easy to freeze. Slice them, then pour a sugar syrup over them; place in freezer bags and freeze. Here’s an article with how-to’s. I’ve used them for up to a year after freezing with good success. They are excellent for peach ice cream or peach cobbler.

You don’t have to syrup them. I just slice, sprinkle with Fruit Fresh, and bag. I never have to worry about how long they will be in the freezer…we usually have eaten the entire crop by January! :smiley:

It’s embarassing to repeat a thread that stated 3 months ago, but downright turn your-face-bright-red embarrassing to repeat one 3 days old. I didn’t see it, honest!

think it’s time for shut yore mouth peach cobbler.

Mmmmm…cobbler.

Bisquick makes the simplest. Pile peaches in a casserole. Sprinkle lightly with sugar (add slivered almonds if you want). Mix up some Bisquick, adding a bit of sugar (to taste) to the batter. Glop spoonfuls of batter onto peaches. Dot with butter. Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes or so, until golden brown and bubbly. Try not to eat the entire dishful before dinner. Serve with ice cream.

If you have a substantially different recipe, I’d love to steal it! :smiley:

there’s a recipe on the link **Silenus **posted, it’s near the bottom.

Go to the country and eat a lot of 'em?

For something a little different, how about a peach salsa?

I just made a peach-lime vinaigrette from this book , maybe you can see if you can get the cookbook through your library, or a similar one.

Susan

Frog stuffed with peach and peach stuffed with frog.

Peach Upside-Down Cake

Wash and peel 8 fresh peaches. Slice 6 peaches and mash up the other two. Take a stick of butter and melt it in an iron skillet. Remove pan from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Arrange the peach slices in the buttery goodness. Open and drain a small jar of maraschino cherries. Scatter cherries around the peaches. No stems please. Heat oven to 350°.

Prepare a cake mix as directed on box, substituting mushed peaches for water. Pour batter into skillet of happy fruit and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and delicious. Serve with ice cream. Remember me in your will. (It’s that good!)

FYI, Fruit Fresh is essentially Vitamin C. Taking a couple of vitamin C tablets and disolving them in water gives you very cheap Fruit Fresh.

Peach ice cream.

Peach granita- peach puree, sugar to taste, water, lemon. Put in shallow bowl, place in freezer, stir the ice that forms on the side into the rest of it every half hour until frozen.

Peach fool- sugared peach puree folded into whipped cream and chilled til stiff.

Peach pie.

Peach preserves- quick cooked on top of the stove til thick. Pour into sterilized jars and use up in two weeks or so.

Smoothies!

Marital aids.

Have you got so many that you want to preserve them? Canning them is easy.

Warm Peach Pie and ultra-premium-Oh-My-God-it’s-99%-milkfat Vanilla Ice Cream is the most perfect meal ever made.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, peach-kabobs, peach creole, peach gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple peaches, lemon peaches, coconut peaches, pepper peaches, peach soup, peach stew, peach salad, peaches and potatoes, peach burger, peach sandwich.

“She’s not a well woman.”

Excellent rendition of Bubba - seriously impressive.

(And mind you, I think you Peach Gumbo actually sounds divine. Seriously)

Blow up your TV
Eat a lot of Peaches
Learn to love Jesus
In your own way.

Walking down the beaches
Looking at the peaches

All that skirt lappin’ up the sun
Lap me up
Why don’t you come on and
Lap me up

Walking down the beaches
Looking at the peaches