What cliches are you still using?

Well most cliches are annoying and trite. Still, there is always a few which you know you shouldn’t use, but just can’t stop yourself.

Mine is the Chris Farley classic-- “That’s going to leave a mark!”

Ok now its your turn to fess up.

:slight_smile:

Is “Shut Your Pie Hole” a Cliche’ - I use that one to others.

How about “Tool” - as You’re Such A Tool.

I wouldn’t be seen dead using I cliché. I avoid them like the plague.

I wouldn’t be seen dead using a cliché. I avoid them like the plague.

I think my idea of a cliche is different from yours, elf6c.

i thought “every cloud has a silver lining”, “when god closes a door, he opens another”, “everything happens for a reason”, “better to have love and lost than never to have…” are cliches.

EVERYBODY uses cliches…that’s why they are cliches!!

In a Terry Pratchet book there was a line something like: it wasn’t very original, but that’s why chiches are cliches - they’re the best words in a given situation. The nuts and bolts of language.

I noticed from the Robert Blake tapes that were recently released that he is still using the old Baretta cliche: “And that’s the name of that tune!”. To me, that is fairly pathetic.:wally

I’m sorry, I just can’t bring myself to join this discussion. It will only lead to a slippery slope, where nothing is as it seems. And furthermore, there is really no way to discuss this topic in a serious manner. I mean, after all, nothing is black and white, and there are too many shades of grey. And after all is said and done, what would we be left with? Well, obviously, we would be left with a big, fat, zero. Feel free, however, to take my opinion with a grain of salt. It matters little what I say. When all is said and done, the opinions of a small man such as myself won’t amount to anything more than a hill of beans in this old world. That’s it. That’s all I have to say. The bird has flown, the sun has set, and the moon is rising on the nonsense that I have to offer the world. Sayanora. Adios. May the best poster win. Thanks very much, and I hope I passed the audition.

You passed with flying colors, notcynical. :wink:

Not only that, it’s clear to me that you gave 110 percent and came to play today. But just keep your game face on and take things one post at a time.

“OHH!! Thats gotta hurt…”

“D’OH!!” …is that a cliche?

“You sound like a broken record.” boy, that dates me…