What Countries Are You Favourable To?

Australia, Canada, France, Iceland, Israel, Netherlands, Spain, UK.

Canada is objectively the best country. I was born in the UK and am an American citizen, travelled all over Europe and the Americas, and it’s Canada #1. It’s all the good things about the USA without most of the bad things.

Also, Stan Rogers is the best singer-songwriter who ever existed, and the most Canadian.

Admittedly, I’ve never been to Asia. So there may well be better countries there. But of the countries I know, Canada is #1.

I really like this website.

I am favorable to countries that has a system in place that guarantees equality, justice and happiness for people of all flavors and walks of life. Countries like Canada, Sweden, Laos, Norway, Denmark, Cuba and Finland.

Hungary, Lithuania, England, Ireland, Canada, the US and Iceland.

Hungary because Budapest is probably the most laid-back city I’ve ever visited - and can’t wait to get back to this autumn. Lithuania because of hard-working, earnest and alcoholic people I met there. I’ve never been any place else where working from 6 AM to 6PM and then drinking until midnight struck me as a happy life.

I’m a closeted anglophile, so England is obvious. A one-liner in a movie will make me smile or chortle, but it takes a true British joke to make me laugh to even remember it. (And Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett never fail to bring them.)

Ireland because I’ve never been able to feel down in the company of Irish people. Those people know how to bitch! And laugh at it afterwards!

Canada because they’ve always struck me as the most grounded country on earth, while still being relaxed and easygoing.

The US because of the sheer diversity of people there’s to meet from there. (And I work in the hotel industry, so I get to meet a lot.) Also, spare ribs with Jack Daniels barbequeue sauce.

ETA: Also, Iceland because going there or seeing photos from it lets me kind of feel what Tolkien and the people like him were inspired by.

I was just thinking no one had answered the U.S. (unless I missed it.)

A few have.

I’m Canadian and love the USA. Been all over it. There’s something for everyone.

If we’re talking politics, bleah.

But if we’re talking my emotional reaction to the place:
-United States. Born here, spent less than a year total outside of the country. Appalachia is a pretty key part of who I am.
-Canada. Beautiful country, laid-back culture.
-Denmark. If I were going to pull up all roots and move somewhere, it’d be Denmark. I’d open a burrito shop. Danes would love them.
-France. Or I could go here and open my bean crepe shop.

I very much enjoy most parts of the US and Canada.

Besides those two, Mongolia, Laos, Samoa and Timor-Leste are countries that I would give preference to, in terms of where I’d want to spend my time working in or advocating for.

I see them now. Been watching a silent movie and trying to scan threads at the same time.

I also have to add Ireland, Germany, Austria, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia – if they had not existed, I would never have been born. :wink:

No way. A large slice of what’s good about the USA is inextricably rooted in black culture. Canada’s a great country, no doubt, call it number one if you like, but it doesn’t have everything the USA has.

Huh, what social conservatism are you referring to in Taiwan today? That dog hasn’t hunted since Chiang Ching-Kuo and Missimo kicked the bucket (and probably a decade before then).

Singapore is a one party and pretty totalitarian state that does not tolerate dissent - is that what you admire?

China as the fertile ground for Christianity? You do of course realize that a lot of the so called “Christian” cults would not be recognized as such in the US of A?

Bless your heart Curtis, you shine with the light of 10,000 suns.

Ireland, which is a country I’ve always felt has a lot in common with Quebec, and did send many immigrants here as well during the 19th century. I’ve never visited it though, I’ll have to do it at some point. To a lesser extent, Spain.

Other than that, perhaps France, our cultural progenitor. I’m a bit ambiguous towards the United States; some parts of it I like a lot but other parts I don’t like at all. I’m interested in Poland as my thesis advisor comes from there, and in Romania because some former colleagues of mine were Romanian. And in Italy because I’ve spent a few months there last year, and will again this spring.

If your country’s not on the list, I’m probably not disfavourable to it, it probably just didn’t come to my mind.

I am generally pro-Belize.

I don’t care for any of the ‘stans’. Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Stan Marsh, due to an unfortunate PE incident in grade school.

I find myself indifferent to Mali, although it is a friendly indifference, tempered by envy.

I absolutely cannot stand Peru. But that is probably prejudice due to an unfortunate evening spent in Peru, NY under the influence of Schnapps and beer.

Uruguay sounds like something that you get a colonoscopy to diagnose.

And I always liked the Old Zealand better.

For varying reasons, US, England, France, Ireland, Japan, and Egypt.

Oh, forgot Italy. I’m probably forgetting a whole bunch of countries.

Not sure if you’re just testing to see if people are paying attention, but two of those countries don’t seem to belong in the list.

I’m from Canada, have traveled, SE Asia, India, Nepal, parts of SAmerica, North as far as Alaska, but I am in an absolute swoon to go to Sri Lanka! I’ve wanted to, while doing all that other traveling, but there was always troubles there. Now the troubles are settling down and I have a stupid mortgage to pay. If I won the lottery though, I’d be off to Sri Lanka in a heartbeat.

It has all the things I really adore in a county; tropical beaches and fruits, Buddhist culture, jungles, ruins, tea plantions, Indian food, gemstones! sigh…

I have the most respect for Botswana, for being arguably the best-governed state in sub-Saharan Africa.

Also, I’ve never heard anything bad about Canada.

Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. The Nordic countries consist of Scandinavia plus Iceland and Finland. </pedant mode>

I can’t think of a single country I don’t like. I am a cheapskate, and find Europe to be too expensive. But that doesn’t make a bad place or anything.