What did Scott Peterson do with the body?

For the record, the man owns his own business which involves hauling. The police confiscated his truck and have not yet returned it. No truck means no job–hence the new one.
I don’t know whether he killed Laci or not, but I don’t think it’s fair to count the new truck against him. And even if he isn’t inviting the officers investigating him over for coffee each night he continues to go out posting flyers, asking questions, etc. We of course could say–well, he’s just doing that to throw suspicion off of himself–and we might be right. But we might be wrong too. I just hope they find her body soon (because I think it HIGHLY unlikely that she’s still alive) so that her family can bury her and move on.

He was described as cooperative with the newest search of his house and the police even impounded his NEW truck for a while and then released it back to him. They still have not released his first truck. The ongoing rental for a truck was too expensive.

Philosphr, very easy for you to say, because you’re not the prime suspect. This happens ALL THE TIME! He’s doing what he can to help find her (I’m not saying I believe he’s innocent). I’m simply saying that when you’re the FIRST person the cops look at, you are better off not saying anything. They are already going into the situation assuming the husband is guilty. If my husband came up missing, and I was innocent, they’d be up my butt in a second because I have motive. Whether I’m innocent or not, they will focus on the POSSIBLE motive and I’m up the creek.

Sorry Kal I just get a little aggitated when it comes to this kind of thing. Watching it on the tube everymorning while it was going on, then having updates like “Oh Laci Peterson would have had her baby today” … just makes me completely enraged that someone knows what happened, and she’s still missing. I visualize myself in the situation with my wife and It just really gets to me. I don’t know what I would do with out her and mini-phlosphr…The whole thing just stinks to high heaven that it could be Scott, and he’s making appearences on TV and admiting to an affair a month before she dissappeared. And he said Laci was OK with that??? Doubtful at best.

Yep, this makes him guilty. :rolleyes:

He has been tried & convicted by the Public- and there isn’t a SHRED of evidence against him. Nothing. Nada. Sure, he had an affair- not illegal in CA, and also so very common that we’d all be in prison.

He has done everything he can to cooperate. He HAS tried to find his wife. So the police searched his house for two days, and did a bunch of other stuf to investigate him (all of which has turned up… nothing)? They didn’t do it becuse they thught he was guilty- they did it to appease the media circus. They have spent something like 1000X what they normally spend on a similar missing persons case. Why? Because her family were lucky enough to hit some slow news days. There is nothing about this case, or about Scott- that makes this missing person case much differant from thousands of similar cases. Sure he “lawyered up” That’s exactly what you should do as soon as the Police read you your rights- SHUT THE FUCK UP UNTIL YOU SPEAK TO YOUR ATTORNEY. (lawyers- back me up on this, willya?) Got that? That doesn’t mean you are “guilty” or “have something to hide”. “Lawyering up” simply means you have at least half a brain.

Look at what happened in the Chandra case. She was apparently killed by some serial killer stalking joggers along that area- AS ALL THE EVIDENCE POINTED TO ALL ALONG. Condit had nothing to do with her murder, nor did he even have any info that would have helped th epolice. But- her family also hit some slow news days, and hired some PR flacks & stuff to keep their daughters missing persons case alive- and if they had to ruin Condits life and career? Well, they didn’t give a hoot about him.

Today, in the SJ Mercury, the case is on the front page, and with another whole page… of nothing. Nothing at all. No new evidence, nothing. But by God that nothing is being covered diligently by the 4th Estate… who also like to wink and nod about it possibly being Scott- so they sell more newspapers or whatever. Jackels.:mad:

But there is evidence that she is alive, and “on the run” with a new man in her life. She was seen with this man, after Dec 25th. Hmm, could it be that she also had an affair, then ran away with the father of her soon-to-be baby? Leaving her “scum husband” to twist in the wind? More likely that “he did it”.
;j

But that’s OK, dudes. Convict the guy on no evidence at all. :rolleyes: You know, that’s funny- i didn’t see too many of the “armchair prosecutors” come back after they found Chandra and say: “Ooops, I was wrong, Condit didn’t do it, he was unfairly blamed. He isn’t “scum” (altho he is an adulterer). I apologize, I was wrong.”:eek: Nobody seems to want to eat that crow dinner they so carefully prepared for themselves.:smiley:

This supposed poll started out as a rant that had nothing to do with the “question” asked in the title, so I’m moving this to the BBQ Pit.

DrDeth, I live Sacramento (within broadcasting range of Modesto), and it just came out that they found Laci’s body underneath the house.

What say you now?

Gov are you sure of that? Link

[quote]
But there is evidence that she is alive, and “on the run” with a new man in her life. She was seen with this man, after Dec 25th. [/qoute]

I am just curious, because I haven’t heard anything like this–is there a cite?

I think I saw her driving a white van…

DRDeth, at the risk of boring everyone with an old subject (that I still find intriguing) what makes you so sure that Condit didn’t have anything to do with Chandra’s death? Just because her body was found a year later, does that mean that he couldn’t have hired someone who simply knew how to hide the body well?

Somewhere along the line, I heard Scott had purchased a batch of cement just before 12/25/02, to “make boat anchors”, and had supposedly made them and used them on 12/24. Did I really hear this? I can’t track down where I got that from.

Most of the talk of cement seems to be media-generated. Reporter Ted Rowlands asked Mr. Peterson about it, and said that his reply was “I use cement for home construction and other things.” Rowland, to his credit, was careful to point out that that’s pretty meaningless. Hell, I have a bag of cement in my basement, and I don’t plan to do anything evil with it.

KGO newsradio has been asking everybody and their dog who ever laid eyes on the man about whether or not they ever knew him to have possession of cement and if so for what purpose. What a fucking joke.

Keturah- it was on the news, and in the paper. Of course, the source could have been wrong, and it was a “one shot sighting”, so who knows? I wouldn’t stake my life on it, but compared to the amount of evidence that Scott “did it” (which is = none), it seems at least AS likely.

Monalisa9. I keep Occams razor very sharp just for these kinds of questions. Sure- it COULD have been. But there is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL Condit was involved, and plenty of evidence that it was the same guy who killed those other girls. So, what you ahve to assume that Condit killed her in a way to make it look like the other guy did it- and did it so well as to leave no evidence. Not impossible, but William of Occam comes down on my side.

Umm, Gov? I kinda think that would have made it on last nights 11 o’clock news… Not that I am ruling out some sort of breakthru like this that would give pretty solid credence to Scott having killed her- but I haven’t see it yet.

Sure- maybe he did. But, you know- some evidence- ANY evidence first. Not wild speculation.

Umm…what the fuck are we talking about?

The news sites are giving me only the most basic of blurbs, assuming I have a fucking clue as to who these people are and why the guy’s so suspicious.

(and yes, I do live in a cave) :slight_smile:

Y’know, some of us aren’t in the US and don’t really have any idea who Scott Peterson is. Could you please provide a link to the original story, or at least give us a brief abstract in the OP??

Thanks.

California husband reports his very pregnant wife missing just before Christmas. Her family initially stands by him, but when reports emerge that he was having an affair, they’ve backed off and want him ‘to tell all he knows’ and the police to ‘investigate completely’.

he says he went fishing for the day (has a receipt from the marina), and came back to find her missing, she had been about to take the dog for a walk, the neighbors found the dog with it’s leash on and put it in the yard.

that’s about it.

Latest update, complete with denial of latest false rumor.

Maybe Scott sold her “Dodge Derango” because he blamed it for inducing road rage. :smiley:

By the way, Gary Condit did an admirable job of screwing up his reputation and career all by himself. Scott Peterson, guilty or innocent, has also found out that lying in such circumstances is a really bad idea.

Ahh, well now that I’ve just found out about this:

You’re all wrong, dammit! What kind of idiots would come up with the theories I’ve seen spewed here? The idiotic kind, obviously. She clearly ran off with Santa. Sheesh.

Well, the basic story is this…

On Christmas Eve Laci Peterson vanished. She was, at that time eight months pregnant. Her husband, who was on a solo fishing trip that day returned home to find the dog in the back yard, leash still attached, but no Laci. Bloodhounds were brought in and seemed to indicate that she had left the grounds in a vehicle, not on a walk, but nothing has really come of that yet. It was big news here–because of a slow news cycle, persistent family members, and an attractive, pregnant victim. Laci’s family were very staunch in their support of Scott at first, but last month it came out that he’d been having an affair, and now everyone’s looking at him all cross-eyed over it, Laci’s family included. The cops have been investigating him pretty heavily–searching the home, confiscating his boat and truck, going over the bay where he was fishing looking for a body, etc. No concrete evidence has yet emerged against anyone, but Scott’s pretty much the only “suspect” since no one knows quite where else to look at this point. About a month ago, some twit cashier claimed to have seen a pregnant woman who managed to tell her she’d been kidnapped and needed help before her male companion came back to the counter. She “meant to call the police” but forgot. :rolleyes: I never heard anything else about that, but the feeling at the time was that she was attention-seeking.