What did Scott Peterson do with the body?

As far as getting “Lawyered up” Everyone who is being questioned about a crime needs a lawyer. Don’t believe a word about “If you’re innocent, then you have nothing to hide” bullcrap. There are three entities that have three different levels of info about any crime:

1. The perpetrator.

2. The investigator.

3. The innocent.

The perp is at the best advantage regarding what and what not to tell the cops. The innocent person is at the greatest disadvantage and should keep his or her mouth shut without counsel.

It seems to me that the “innocent till proven guilty” crowd here are overlooking a quite glaring problem with Scott Peterson’s story. After initially claiming to have had no extramarital affair, and after being slammed with indisputable evidence to the contrary, he then changed his story and went on to say that he had the affair and TOLD HIS WIFE about it. Why is that important? Well, several reasons:

1. Having an affair is in and of itself NOT evidence that he killed his wife - but having an affair while she was pregnant? That’s a little different - and shouldn’t be disregarded so casually.

2. He claims that he told his wife about the affair. His wife was quite close to her family, yet told none of her family - not her father, her mother, her siblings about it? Didn’t even tell them that the marriage had gone through some rough seas? Bloody unlikely!

My own opinion is that Scott Peterson IS the sick SOB some of y’all referred to earlier in this thread - his behavior fits within the typical sociopathic profile, and his changing stories don’t ring true in the least. Sadly, Mrs. Peterson’s family is left with nothing but their memory of her and the curse of not knowing what on earth has happened to her.

** why? pregnancy often means stressfilled times in a relationship, stress filled times often mean other issues crop up

** and I find it very unlikely that she’d have told them.
First of all, the assessment of ‘we’re very close and she told us everything’ is frankly, what most parents think/say about their kids. Chandra Levy’s mom claimed that they were very very close, yet she didn’t (apparently) tell her mom she was having an affair w/a married man.

and letting people know her husband was having an affair while she was pregnant would have elicited a number of other things - she could have felt embarassed etc, been concerned that should they remain married, this knowledge would then make a relationship between her family and her husband very difficult.

When my ex was cheating on me, I never told my family. as a matter of fact, he left us and I didn’t tell them. We reconcilled and then eventually split up again. I never did tell them he cheated. Still haven’t. and yes, my family would say we’re ‘close’.

you’re entitled to your opinion, but please be aware that to date, everything that’s appeared in the news as ‘evidence’ has at least 2 interpretations, one that he’s guilty and one that he’s innocent. I have loads of sympathy for anyone who’s undergoing a missing family member. and yes, statistically, the spouse is the most likely culprit. however, in court, statistics on likely scenarios, and speculation about what Lacy “would” have done (as claimed by either her spouse or her family) are not evidence.

I don’t know that I would call him the sickest fuck on the planet (if he in fact is guilty). I’ll save that title for mothers who strap their babies into car seats and roll them into the lake or mothers who stop their cars on dark roads and pump bullets into their kids claiming it the work of mysterious hitch-hikers.

I don’t know if Scott is guilty or not, but I certainly won’t be surprised if that is what is determined.

My ex did most of his cheating while I was pregnant. This is not an indicator of a killer - just an asshole.

So, Scott Peterson is a sociopath because he had an affair while his wife was pregnant(a time when lots of guys that I’ve known have had thoughts of cheating), and lied to the cops so as not to disturb the “other woman” and “bare-all” in front of international media?

Oh-fucking-puhlease.

In my experience with women and people in general, I side with wring. She probably, for a number of reasons, didn’t tell her family about Scott cheating. Why would a woman who was pregnant tell her family that she’d failed in her relationship? Lots of women who are “close” to their family(isn’t it funny when these things happen that so-and-so was close to his family, loved his family, or “would never hurt a fly”?), would keep that secret from all but the closest of friends.

Anyways, as I said before, he might have done it, he might be innocent, but the media played it up so mauch that he could never be given a fair trial. He has been, “tried in the public opinion.” The editorializers, speculators, and the passers-of-bad tips have ruled this case as much as Chandra levvy’s case and countless others.

Today, he could be tried with what we know of him-

-he cheated
-he lied when asked about cheating
-he took a trip to the bay the day she disappeared
-it was Christmas day
-he had cement (<gasp, not Cement!>)
-he sold her vehicle after the cops were done with it
-he bought himself a new truck after selling her vehicle

Those things above do not a murder case make. It makes for a poorly constructed case, however, a jury of his “unbiased”(right, pssshaw), peers would convict him after minutes of deliberation. Why is that? Probably because the media has been all over this thing like stink on shit. The economy is in the dumper, and the only other big thing going on is war. Both suck ass. The media outlets really need something to fill their time with these days.

Sam

Damn, I editorialized myself right out of my damned point!

My point is, Diane, he can be found guilty, but what does that mean at this point?

Last summer, it could have just as easily been determined that Condit killed Chandra…don’t amount to a hill o’beans, though. It would have been wrong, and if Scott were determined to be guilty without some real crucial evidence, it would be just as wrong.

Sam

I don’t know why we are calling her a “twit”, nor have I seen her tesitmony invalidated. Sure, maybe she was wrong. But so far- there is exactly one tiny weak piece of evidence that Laci is still alive- and exactly nothing that she is dead or that Scott killed her.

Deth-

She was a twit, period.

The hottest-off-the-presses kidnapping victim mentions to her that she’s been kidnapped, and could she possibly call the cops and tell them and the clerk gets FUCKING DISTRACTED until 2 days later? Sounds pretty twit-like to me.

They analyzed videotape and never saw Laci. Also never found the check that the kidnapper reportedly used to make his purchase.

Sam

She’s the one being cheated on - so why is she the one who failed in the relationship?

I didn’t say the quote involved, but - I was also one of the people who found it easy to believe she wouldn’t say anything to her family about it.

as a formerly cheated on spouse, there was (for me) the sense of failure, not that I’d screwed up the marriage, but that I’d made a bad (supremely) choice of partner. Not that she’d ‘failed the relationship’, but that her marriage was failing, due, in no small part, to the fact that she’d selected a cheating louse, who would sink so far as to cheat on his pregnant wife. It’s of course, speculation, but, frankly so is the statement “She would have told us” (unless of course, there’d been a prior pregancy, prior marriage and she’d confessed to her spouse cheating on her then).

Thanks for the perspective, wring. I wouldn’t consider a person who had been cheated on as the one who failed, but I can see what you’re saying. :slight_smile:

:wink:

for the record, there’s actually plenty of stuff out there to help convince the non cheating spouse. I recall, at one point reading some book that’s premise was that a cheating spouse was an indication of a troubled marriage, that both spouses needed to take responsability for the cheating.

made a lot of sense to me at the time. now, I look back and realize - nope, he cheated when he was depressed, when he was away, when he was happy, when he was tired, when he had too much energy, when he was really busy, when he was bored… didn’t really much matter what I was doing/not doing.

same pattern happened with wife #1, 3 and 4. (I was #2).

So, while in some cases, I’d agree that infidelity could be seen as a problem for the couple to work on, in other cases, ya just got an asshole who cheats, nothing much deeper than that.

but I do recall very strongly being embarassed about it - didn’t want to admit that I’d been so very wrong about the guy.

Knowing women as much as any man can, I’ve simply noticed in society that women who have cheating spouses generally feel as if they’ve failed. Failed to keep him happy; driving him away. Failure(as wring said) to pick the right spouse, Etc. A lot of blame goes around when one spouse cheats, and I’ve seen many a woman blame herself(at least initially), for the spouse’s cheating.

IANACNHIBCO-I am not a cheater, nor have I been cheated on, so YMMV. It was just conjecture.

Sam