What do you call a dish that is a grain, a meat, and a veg all mixed together?

hash (as in cbh)?

Apparently, @not_what_you_d_expect calls it Goop.

In response to the OP, I’d say there really isn’t a widely accepted umbrella term.

Did you mean to skip ‘dump’? I feel like any summary of this thread needs to include that suggestion.

I’ve been following this thread closely because we have the same problem in our house. We just refer to our dish as turkey and rice, but that’s weak marketing. I might steal your idea of Sir Mix-a-lot or maybe upgrade to Dinde et Riz.

Yes, but I’d distinguish between the concepts of a “one-pot” meal/dish/whatever as something that is prepared using only one cooking pot, and a “one-dish meal” as a complete meal containing different kinds of food (such as grains, veg, meat, etc.) that is served all in the same dish.

I think what the OP is talking about is more of a “one-dish meal”, irrespective of how many pots were used to prepare its components.

I’ll often use one wok, but stir fry different components separately, plating them together while subsequent components are stir fried, eventually heating everything together as well as any sauces.

Yes, that was one sentence.

The examples they gave were all dishes that are cooked in one pot.

How about bachelor chow? Merriam-Webster’s first definition for the adjective form of bachelor: “suitable for or occupied by a single person.”

I guess what you’re after is a single word.

You may want to sit down.

I made a batch of this for this past Thanksgiving and it was easily the single best thing on the table. No leftovers by the time we were done.

'Cuz you sure won’t be able to stand up if you make a habit of eating that stuff. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it looks absolutely delicious, but good lord: 2.5 sticks of butter, a quart of milk, 8 oz cream cheese, 3.5 pounds of firm cheese, a cup of flour, 3 eggs, all for a pound of dry macaroni. I make that nearly 12,000 calories for a pan that seems to be considered about 12 servings.

I do a variation of the final recipe in this video.

I’m sure it’s delicious, but I’ve never liked baked mac and cheese: even the best versions of it don’t appeal to me. Stovetop all the way!

I feel insulted - you missed my first term: Stuff.

This place (which is fantastic by the way) that I frequent simply calls them “grain bowls” on that section of their menu.

Shepherd’s Pie, goulash, casserole, dinner.

Salmagundi generally doesn’t have grains as a major part. It’s a salad, not a … whatever we’re discussing here.

Holy smoke! Four pounds of cheese to one pound of macaroni? Why even bother with the carbs at point? Just serve a font of melted cheese. My god. What’s a serving size? A teaspoon? A bowl of that and I won’t be shitting for a week.

I call it dinner. I’m a big fan of one pot dishes. Often I’ll start with Rice A Roni and just keep adding stuff. So its called Rice A Roni here.

I did mention that I cooked this for Thanksgiving, so the answer to all of those questions is “Who cares, nerd?!”

According to some of the people in the comments, though, you can double the macaroni (or keep the mac and halve everything else) and it’s still good without being quite so thick and dense.

No bowl. Stick.

Seriously, though, just throw a scoop of it on the plate with the rest of your mountain of carbs and fats.