What do you consider clearest evidence of ongoing US racism?

On a neighborhood basis it might happen but the article tries to compare neighborhoods but does not include crime rates in the comparisons. Generally the biggest differences in communities that affect house valuations, are proximity to jobs, good schools, and low crime.

On an individual basis, I find it unlikely because of the obvious opportunity for arbitrage. If the appraiser is right and a house owned by a black family is worth $330,000 while the same house owned by a white family is worth $450,000 then that is a free $120,000 for anyone wiling to purchase black owned housing and move white people in.

This is incorrect.
It has been well studied. The best study I know was John Ogbu’s Black American Students in an Affluent Suburb: A Study of Academic Disengagement It shows that compared to other students black students, studied less, did not try for higher grades, did not sign up for advanced classes at the same rate. Another study showed that at integrated schools, doing well in school was seen as acting white.

Just to chime in on the question in the OP: wealth and income inequality. This is proof, to me, that equality of opportunity is a damn long way from realized here. The vicious circle of poverty is spinning, and doesn’t look to stop for any foreseeable future.

I’m not arguing they don’t face racism. The devils advocate would say poverty has a great deal to do with poor legal defense.

Black Lives Matter - they can’t be more clear about what the problem is and what they want.

And no one, anywhere, has any response to the contrary that isn’t utter bullshit or deflection and that seems to work for nearly half of our population.

Clear evidence of ongoing U.S. racism?
How about the cancelling of race-related training sessions by the White House because they are supposedly “Unamerican”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-directs-federal-agencies-to-cancel-race-related-training-sessions-it-calls-un-american-propaganda/ar-BB18J1ip?ocid=msedgntp

I’d have to say the clearest evidence in 2020 of ongoing US racism is we have an unapolagetic racist in the White House. Can’t get more obvious than that, IMHO.

Inequality is a fact between all ethnicities.
Indian Americans make more than Russian Americans who make more than Iranian Americans, who make more than Scandinavian Americans, who make more than Italian Americans, who make more than Canadian Americans, who make more than French Canadian Americans, who make more than Italian Americans, who make more than German Americans, who make more than Egyptian Americans, who make more than French Americans, who make more than Nigerian Americans, who make more than Cuban Americans, who make more than Jamaican Americans, who make more than Cajun Americans, who make more than Scottish Americans, etc,

There is no reason to expect people of different ethnicities, and cultures to have the same income or wealth.

This would seem to indicate that Trump has admitted being a racist and has refused to apologize for it. Can you cite where Trump has admitted this?

Someone actually has to say “I am a racist” before you are willing to concede that they are indeed a racist? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Trump has denied being a racist. Since everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie, this is tantamount to admitting he is one.

They will take cross burning and lynching as evidence too, but only if you can prove that they didn’t deserve it.

He could be a racist but not an unapologetic racist.

He could be a secret flat-earther or communist. I think he has said and done enough to convince me that he is racist…but what is your actual opinion?

He is unlikely to be a racist and is just called one alot because he is a republican.

Oh, how far has the GOP fallen.

Non-racists don’t use the n-word.

Why’s that? Are Republicans racist or something?

Nah, he has shown more than enough evidence that he is racist that we don’t need to do so by guilt by association.

Besides, I know a number of Republicans who aren’t racist. (None that are voting for Trump though.)

Non-racists also rarely get cited for racial discrimination in housing:

“Donald started his career, back in 1973, being sued by the Justice Department for racial discrimination — because he would not rent apartments in one of his developments to African-Americans, and he made sure that the people who worked for him understood that was the policy,” Clinton said on Monday night.

Of have multi-page dissections of all his racist actions over the years:

II. “Bring Back the Death Penalty”

The so-called Central Park Five were a group of black and Latino teens who were accused—wrongly—of raping a white woman in Central Park on April 19, 1989. Donald Trump took out full-page ads in all four major New York newspapers to argue that perpetrators of crimes such as this one “should be forced to suffer” and “be executed.” In two trials, in August and December 1990, the youths were convicted of violent offenses including assault, robbery, rape, sodomy, and attempted murder; their sentences ranged from five to 15 years in prison. In 2002, after the discovery of exonerating DNA evidence and the confession by another individual to the crime, the convictions of the Central Park Five were vacated. The men were awarded a settlement of $41 million for false arrest, malicious prosecution, and a racially motivated conspiracy to deprive them of their rights. Trump took to the pages of the New York Daily News , calling the settlement “a disgrace.” During his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump would again insist on the guilt of the Central Park Five.

Randal Pinkett, a black man and the show’s 2005 winner, was asked by Trump to share his title with the white runner-up, Rebecca Jarvis. Pinkett refused. As the winner, he later worked briefly for the Trump Organization.

RANDAL PINKETT : He did not want to see an African American as the outright and sole winner. I believe I backed him into a corner. It goes back to an old adage that I’ve been told throughout my life as an African American man—that you have to be twice as good just to be considered equal. And that is a statement that reflects the thinking of a Donald Trump. Donald can be racist in ways that he’s not even aware are racist, because he is so out of touch with people who are not like him.

I would give you that he is not an admitted racist, as he claims to be the least racist person in the world. But if he is a racist (which I believe he is) then he is most definitely unapologetic. You can’t show regret for your actions if you are continually deny them.