What do you do when your life has been stolen?

What is that supposed to me?

Yeah I agree. This was his most revealing post of all.

It means you’re never going to let this go. You don’t want compensation, you want validation, and validation rarely, if ever, comes from a court of law, and when it does, it comes in the form of money (or convictions, but this isn’t that type of case.)

If you haven’t, after eight years thought “I would take $100k* for this to go away”, then you are nowhere near close to closure on this issue, and I don’t think there’s anything that will transpire, outside of yourself, that will give you this closure.

*Or whatever amount

I would like to hear your thoughts also.

Quickly please before I lose my train of thought.

WCB policies vary greatly across the country and from employer to employer depending on which plan they subscribe to.

Then you do know that working “live” is discouraged, if not prohibited for electricians these days especially for high voltage.
You do realize that your employer nor your WCB is responsible for you accidentally touching the busbar, right? I’ve heard of cases in Ontario where claims have been refused outright because workers did not follow their due dilligence and follow proper tag/lockout procedures.
At some point you need to take ownership of the fact that it was you who touched a 600V power supply then count yourself lucky that you weren’t killed. When you look at your wife and kids everyday think about how things could have turned out.

It’s relevant because I know exactly how strenuous hockey is and how much blurred vision would affect your baseball skills.

Completely relevant, the doctor would like to see if you can return to your normal activites in hopes that it would help with your rehabilitation.

I’m not saying you’re making it up, I’m saying that you’re using it as a crutch to rationalize why you haven’t done anything productive for 8 years.
You seem to think WCB should compensate you more than they have and go above and beyond what you (or anyone in your position) are entitled to.

Now that’s completely irrelevant since you live in Canada and it would be your employer and your WCB that would determine their own guidline.

No it is completely relevant…
NOVA SCOTIA
"the Board shall use the American Medical Associations “Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment – Fourth Edition” (the “AMA Guides – 4th Edition”) to determine the existence and degree of a worker’s permanent medical impairment. The permanent medical impairment rating determined in accordance with the AMA Guides –4th Edition will be used to calculate the amount of the permanent-impairment benefit payable to the worker as a result of a compensable injury.
ONTARIO
“The WSIB then rates the condition using the Mental and Behavioural Disorders Rating Scale, which combines elements of the American Medical Association’s Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 3rd edition (revised), (the AMA Guides) with the WSIB’s Psychotraumatic and Behavioural Disorders Rating Schedule.”
BRITISH COLUMBIA
“The Permanent Disability Evaluation Schedule (the “Schedule”) was developed by WorkSafeBC based on consideration of expert medical opinion, current medical/scientific literature and schedules from other jurisdictions and organizations, including but not limited to various editions of the American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (the “AMA Guides”).”
MANITOBA
“In such cases, it may use information other than the schedule, such as the American Medical Association’s Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment established for a similar purpose.”

ALBERTA

“reference should be made to the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent
Impairment.”
I’ll admit to cherry picking that one because there were a lot of references to the AMA guidelines.

NEWFOUNDLAND

“Impairment is determined by the Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission’s approved Permanent Functional Impairment Rating Schedule which is similar to schedules used by other compensation jurisdictions in Canada. The American Medical Association (AMA) Guides may also be used to evaluate the extent of functional impairment. As many cases do not fit neatly into the rating schedule, it is a guide and the examining physician will use his or her judgment to estimate the percentage of total body impairment.”

I think that’s enough, but my point is that they do use it to determine ratings and did in my case.

ETA: My employer has no say in my rating, they are not doctors.

Considering that one of your threads on this board— which you linked to in your OP— was a sort of half-baked philosophical lament that the normal laws and customs of society ought not apply to you, I would hope you do understand people being skeptical of your motives and sincerity, and suspicious that you may be seeking an expedient short cut to the special treatment you feel you deserve.

Hire another lawyer to move the matter forward, move the matter forward as a self-represented person, or stop pursuing the matter. It’s your decision.

Well what John said but also it was revealing to read that you actually doubt yourself if all this is true and that you’ve gone so far as to ask a shrink about it. I think that shows you are open slightly to the possibility that you know your case is BS and clinging to it provides an escape from dealing with the here and now.

I have no axe to grind in this and honestly don’t really care what happens. But in my opinion, you got exactly what you deserved. Whether the company had the the correct insurance in place is not relevant. You got the money you would have received if the company was in compliance. Whether they became compliant through nefarious means is not going to be proven at this point. You need to accept that.

You need help from a psychologist in letting all this go. And then you need a career counselor to help you figure out what to do next. Anyone who can write these complex posts and answer in the manner you do can do some sort of work. Working for a living and not living off the system will give you confidence and a feeling of pride you aren’t getting now, in my opinion.

Still not relevant, I have disclosed all the info based on the decisions made in my particular case. When I am writing this I am using what is written for me.

Yes I am aware of that. 600 volts is not high voltage.

If you know of a way to check a bussbar for voltage when the power is shut off I would be glad to hear about it.

I have and I do.

And so do the doctors. I choose to push past the physical problems and force myself to go do these things.

I did not say blurry vision, I said my eyes don’t work quite right and that it seems to be improving.

Yes that’s exactly right and they also said that I should continue to do this as it is therapeutic.

And go to the gym, and play hockey, and baseball…

No dog really, but it appears there is a lot you can do. You can craft long complicated thoughts (your OP) and you are active. Why exactly can’t you work?

My reasoning, at the time, was that it seemed as though all the laws in place to stop stuff like this from happening were overlooked when I needed them. I guess my point was why do I have to follow the rules because at the time nobody involved did.

That’s why I started this thread, to see what I should do.

What John said was definitely food for thought and I will respond soon, I just want to think about it first. I really don’t think my case is BS because of the way I am now. I was just wondering if it was possible or if it may have compounded my problems. It does not change the fact that at the end of the day my case is about not having coverage at the time of the accident.

I have been seeing psychologist for seven years, he is considered to be the best around here and he has been helpful. He does agree that I do need closure but does not think I am going to find it because of the entities I am dealing with. That being said he does want me to move on, but that is up to me and I just can’t, yet.

Now there’s two things I haven’t felt in a long time and I respect your opinion. I think you are right, but it’s probably not going to happen, unfortunately.

I did not say 600V was high voltage, although it is significantly higher than your household 110V.

I know of many, many ways to check voltage without physically putting my hand on the busbar.

Personally, I keep a non-contact voltage tester in my pocket at all times and would only resort to a direct-contact meter if I needed an exact reading or before performing any other work. “Test before Touch” as they say.

I am not clear why this can’t happen. You say it’s because of the disability but I wonder if it’s not more because you don’t want to give up the disability payments you get now. It’s clear to everyone in this thread there are jobs you can succeed at.

AHA, A breakthrough!
Now apply this to the other facets of your life.

You have already hired three different lawyers, including a friend and including one with particular expertise matters such as yours. Do you think that that a further opinion would differ? If no, then scratch this option.

Do you have the legal expertise to run your own case, be it against the WCB and/or the employer? If no, then scratch this option. If yes, take a good look at what specifically you need to do to put together and win the case, and what costs could be ordered against you should you lose your case, and then make your decision to take a run at it or drop the matter.