What do you feel you are TRULY skilled at?

I’m fairly good at repairing simple mechanical things. (Bicycles, lamps, etc.) Not sure if that’s very useful.

I also have a fairly good sense of basic tactics developed from playing computer games since I was 9. I’ve often thought I’d of made a good tactician.

Well, like the OP, I love to draw. Faces, mostly. Draw in pencil, colored pencil, oils, watercolors, through Photoshop, etc. etc. Love 'em. From life, photos, from my imagination—love to draw, draw, draw.

My first hunch would be that I wouldn’t make it. And that’s still my hunch—even though I’m proud of my drawing and others tell me that I’m good at it, there are always going to be others who could do better. But then again, I have been told that I’d be good at teaching. I’ve even written a web site about drawing, (which is well-received) so perhaps I could serve well as someone who could teach the future generations how to draw. And I’m very enthusiastic about drawing, so that enthusiasm would rub off on everyone else (I hope).

I think whatever innate teaching ability I have, plus my drawing ability might give me a small chance in hell. Just a small chance.

I am particularly gifted when it comes to poetry.

I also, like Regina above, am very empathic. I know what people are feeling and what they are thinking, and I can calm people down or incite them to action with equal facility.

I also have a knack for blending into the background. Practically invisible at times, as some of the UK dopers who’ve met me will no doubt confirm!