What do you stock up on?

Wine. It’s cheaper by the case and it ages well.

Other than that, I’m always careful about TP, but don’t really stock up on it. I’ve even been known to run out of coffee.

Stocking up on water is hilarious to me. It’s EVERYWHERE!

Ever since they started preaching about emergency preparedness after 9-11, I started keeping an extra supply of a few things, just in case something would prevent us getting to the grocery store. Rice, dried beans, canned vegetables, sugar, flour, vegetable oil, peanut butter, soap, and shampoo, mainly. Not a lot, just an extra package from what I would normally buy.

When my grandad passed at 100, the closet within easy reach of his Lazy-Boy where he could always be found was about 3/4 full of toilet paper, plus it had 3 cases of knock off Worchestershire sauce. He had a tablespoon every day, apparently followed by a satisfying, well-papered crap. Frankly, I admired his optimism for thinking he could consume so much so little at a time. A pinny pincher from the Depression, he’s 100 yet buys a 10 year supply.

We stock up on toothpaste, wine, basic condiments like catsup, tartar sauce, Lawreys Mesquite, Stubbs BBQ. I’ll buy a bunch of ribeyes when the price is low and toss 'em in the freezer. They all age well and I hate to run out of them and have to run to the store.

I am phobic about fire, yet I have over 100 candles in a three room apartment. Go figure.

I also buy a dozen of anything I use that’s on sale–tea bags, toothpaste and toothbrushes, toilet paper.

Can we conclude that you’re stocking up on the letter “t”?

I stock up on non-perishable food. I don’t think it’s because I’m worried about running out- I just love food shopping and it’s easier to rationalise something that’s shelf stable than, say, ten pounds of tomatoes.