What do you think of straight girls who kiss each other...

Ugh, this.

I’m pretty sure it happens. I know of at least one instance. Two of the (straight) guys on one podcast I listen to kissed once during their panel at a convention years ago, after some of the female attendees goaded them into it. They got quite a reaction at the time, but no word on whether either of them got laid as a result.

All the same… I kind of wish I’d been there. :o

There’s an event called Yaoi-Con that I had the experience of attending last year.

There were two thin but toned guys in their early twenties walking around with only towels around their waists. They would periodically stop (or be stopped) for photos: they would embrace, then do that passionate it-looks-like-we’re-gonna-kiss-and-we-would-but-we’re-so-passionate-we-won’t pose where they’re a millimeter away and staring deeply into each other’s eyes.

I’m not sure if they ever kissed, but there was a huge amount of attention turned their way.

Fiancée tapped one on the shoulder and quietly asked, “Are you two actually gay?” They looked around carefully, huddled in, and whispered back, “No, we just do it for the attention.”

I’m told the women at Yaoi-Con can get pretty aggressive in wanting guys to do a striptease or kiss. It’s as obnoxious as when guys do it, but less threatening.

Like burning?

Emma, sweetie, let me introduce you to the concept of yaoi, which has allowed several publishers to make fat pots of money out of girls thinking about guys kissing (and other things of that nature).

hahahaha…you discovered twinks.

I just remember something I saw at another convention: two girls cosplaying as male anime characters, who let people take pictures of them kissing. So it was two girls kissing, pretending to be two guys kissing.

Contrary to popular belief, the female part of the species does, in fact, enjoy displays of an arousing nature. This can include, but is not limited to, members of the male gender exhibiting the first step of the mating process.

(IOW, hell yes I’m a girl who likes to see two guys making out!)

I think “I Kissed A Girl” by Katy Perry made girls kissing each other really popular.

I enjoy the spectacle, while conscious that the girls are just doing it for attention and are neither lesbians nor reflective of real lesbians.

As a straight man, I’d kiss another man if the benefit was enough. I’m surprised that the majority of straight women do not press more for spectacles of man on man action.

Beautiful people of any sex kissing each other should not be discouraged.

Me thinks you are a young-un.

I know they’re not real lesbians and they’re only doing it for attention. I really don’t care though. If two girls are hot and they are kissing each other, that makes them both even hotter.

Relevant Onion link: Bar Skanks Announce Plans to Kiss

In his book on the Hells Angels, Hunter Thompson claimed that some of the Angels sometimes kissed each other on the mouth and did the tongue bit just to jar the hell out of the straight onlookers. Now that I think about it, he claimed that one of the Angels he was most friendly with grabbed and kissed him once.

I’m not sure how I would characterize that particular experience.

“I know Big Vinny said he was giving me the kiss of death. But I still think he was gay.”

What do I think of these girls? I think I don’t want my son dating them. And I don’t want my daughter being one of them.

Tacky and desperate, and into playing games…that’s what I think of them. Oh, and skanky…thanks, Onion!

Why yes, I AM middle-aged!

I’m going to be obnoxious and say ‘+1’. :smiley:

As a bisexual girl, I can’t really object to straight girls making out on an aesthetic basis, but it can be a little frustrating.

It’s attention whoring. I find it kind of sad, but I really can’t say I care all that much about two adults who wish to kiss, for any reason. So more power to them hope it lands them which ever guy they are trying to score with.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in my bunk.

This. I wouldn’t call it obnoxious, but mildly annoying. It’s as if they think kissing someone of the same sex ‘doesn’t count’ as real kissing. No big deal, though - I wouldn’t automatically dislike someone for doing that.