What does it mean when all your dreams are nightmares

Most of my dreams that I remember are nightmares, but they are not scary nightmares. I often dream about being trapped in bad situations or being chased by Jason Voorhees. However the dreams are not intimidating, scary or traumatic, they are like nightmares without the fear, they are no more scary than being chased or trapped in a video game. Is this just a fluke, something due to genetics or a bad diet or is this a sign of something really bad in my psyche?

What do you think the dreams mean?

I have no idea really. Perhaps they mean I am too fearful in my daily life and it carries over to my sleep.

I can’t dig up a cite, but there was one survey of dream content that found negative dreams outnumber positive ones by a considerable margin.

Glad I am not the only one. I take anti- depressants to stop the nightmares. I ahve had them for years. could be stress, other than that I have never figured it out.

That you remember

The fluffy, happy inoculous ones you probably ferget!!

:eek: :eek: :smiley:

Tell me about your mother.

I don’t know why mine aren’t scary though. I am not afraid during most of them, so I have no idea why that is.

All I know is that the thread title sounds like a song lyric.

Personally I’m of the opinion that dreams don’t mean anything. They may reflect what’s on your mind, but that’s about as far as I’d go with it. I can definitely understand if nightmares or unpleasant dreams are more memorable than the good ones. I very rarely have dreams that really leave me unsettled, but I still remember those pretty clearly. When I have undistinguished ones I forget those, too, and there are a few really good or special ones I also remember.

I’ve been having a lot of nightmares myself lately. They are not horror-like but more uncomfortable or unhappy than anything. I think its because I’ve been sort of bothered by some things lately that are just out of my control. My nightmares are a symptom of my frustration, I think. Could it be a similar situation with you?
It freaks my boyfriend out because I keep moaning and whimpering when I’m asleep lately. Very pathetic.