What does the Nabisco logo represent?

Nabisco filed for a US trademark on that (the antennaed oval with the word nabisco inside) on November 7, 1955.
The only earlier Nabisco trademark (september 1901) is for the word Nabisco in an outline font, no oval, no antenna.

According to this link the Nabisco colophon logo was first introduced in 1900 (scroll to the bottom of the page).

For comparison, Cartiera Magnani’s current logo. The company celebrated their 600th (!)anniversary last year.

Of course, anyone who rather glibly asserts that my conspiracy theory is right is *also * part of the conspiracy. Such people are clearly trying to undermine my credibility by treating the suggestion in a seemingly humorous, light-hearted or offhand manner. Non-conspiracists would, of course, assert that the conspiracy is false.

I’m on hold with Public Relations at Kraft Foods right now. (Eat your heart out, Cecil Adams!) I’ll let you all know what they say as soon as I get some results. Beautiful hold music, by the way. Sounds vaguely like Yanni.

OK, according to “Cole” at Public Relations at Kraft Foods, the circle and two crosses is a symbol dating from the 15th century. It was used by the Society of Printers in Venice, Italy. (That would explain the similar logo on the Italian paper maker, linked above). He was unaware of the signifigance of the double cross, but stated that it’s most likely related to Christianity. He was unable to state how the National Biscuit Company came to use it. “Probably one of the original bakers used Italian paper.”

Hope this helps!