What does this bold text on the Spanish train ticket site mean?

I’m trying to buy a train ticket from Barcelona to Valencia and the Renfe site is only mostly translated to English. I managed to buy a ticket just fine, but there’s some scary non-translated text on the page where you print it out.

I think Babelfish is missing some nuance, since it seems to be saying I need the ticket to get on the train?

(I was planning on buying the ticket in person, and avoiding this kind of mess, but in the past few days half the trains have sold out, which is scary.)

“As from now, you MUST take your printed ticket to the station to access the train. This document is informative and in no way constitutes your travel ticket”

That’s exactly what it’s saying.

“As of now, you need to carry, by obligation, your printed ticket to the station in order to enter the train.”

Heh. I guess I’m overthinking things.

Although I should mention why I asked… some places online say you can’t buy tickets directly from the Renfe web site, and that you only get a booking number and then you have to pick them up in person. I’m not sure if that’s out of date, since they let me print out something that looks like a real ticket, with a barcode and a seat number and such. So I wanted to see if that text said something that would clear it up.

It’s a pretty easy English cognate, although it sounds a bit awkward: obligatorily. Obligatory in Spanish is obligatorio. Changing the “o” to “a” and adding “-mente” just makes it an adverb (like adding “-ly” in English).

Absolutely out of date. Renfe is even considering sending it to your cellphone (other companies are already doing this), since most people have less trouble finding their cellphone than a piece of paper.