What Dopers are watching August 3-5

I thought it would be interesting to see what you all are watching on this particular weekend–whether it be at the cineplex, art house, DVD, VHS, or online.

Last night it was The Wire, season 1, disc 4.
I’m getting ready to see the matinée of Rescue Dawn. And, since I’m on a Herzog kick, I’ve got Cobra Verde to watch later on.

I’m watching *Masters of Science Fiction * at 10:00 and *Star Trek * at 11:00 tonight (Saturday).

My DVD is broken, or I’d be watching The Wire as well. Isn’t it awesomely excellent? I forgot which episode has Bunk and Jimmy going over an old crime scene – you’ll know it’s special because of the sparse dialogue.

I’m watching Masters of Science Fiction tonight, and John from Cincinnati and Entourage tomorrow night. And maybe The Shootist on TCM. I’ve read the book but haven’t seen the movie.

The Wire, Season 1 as well! What a coincidence.

Ivylad got me The 300, so we’ll watch that tonight.

I gave up on The 4400 after four seasons, much to my regret, so I’ll just channel surf tomorrow. (I didn’t leave the show, the show left me. :frowning: )

Having already shown them the best of the original Star Trek, I’m introducing my two oldest sons, ages 10 and 7, to ST:TNG tonight, beginning with “Encounter at Farpoint,” the first episode. It’s not the best, I know, but it’s a decent intro to all the characters.

Tomorrow night my wife and I will watch PBS’s Mystery! I think it’s another “Miss Marple” episode, which we usually enjoy.

Well, let’s see - this afternoon I caught up with the TiVo’d shark week stuff, and I just finished 300 on DVD. I’m recording Masters of Science Fiction, so will watch that at some point, as well as The 4400 tomorrow night. I’m also about halfway through the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD, so I’ll be watching at least a couple more episodes of that (yeah, I just “discovered” it, thanks in part to my sister). And - depending on how much housework I need to do - maybe I’ll catch a couple more episodes of the second season of Weeds on DVD as well.

Nothing really but the Cubs games. My husband was watching the show about the USS Indianapolis sinking, but it was making me too depressed, so I found something else to do.

Today I watched all 13 episodes of Four Kings, a great show that aired Spring 2006. The orange chicken episode is still one of the funniest things I’ve seen on tv in the last couple years.

Last night I watched Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind for what is probably my 5th time, but the first in at least a year. One of my top 5 favorite movies ever.

I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang earlier today, and the first two episodes of Damages. Tommorow I’ll watch The 4400’s latest episode.

The Steelers first pre-season game is on tonight. I’ll probably watch some of it, although I am usually in bed around that time.

This afternoon, I’m going to the cinema to watch “Without witness” by Nikita Mikhalkov, a movie director I really like. I’ve seen almost all of his movies, but this one I think I haven’t (I’m very bad at remembering movie titles…)

I have the pleasure of the granddaughter’s company for the weekend, (4 YOA), so a steady diet of old VHS tapes including Rocko’s Modern Life, Wallace & Grommit, While digging through the old tapes I found the classic Office Space, that is a must see. We found most of all the “Junkyard Wars” episodes, (more educational that Star Wars), Chicken Run, and threw in a few DVD’s (Shark Tale, Shrek , Finding Nemo, Shrek, Dr. Who, Shrek, Babalon Five, Shrek.)
Sherry (Mrs. Seenidog) says I got to take them to see Harry Potter on Sunday. It was rainy and ugly on Saturday so we were trapped inside all day. I took the opportunity to introduce Sophia to the audio side of the world. I chose the Trashmen and “The Bird” mainly because my son hates it with a passion. So now if you ask Sophia what the word is, she says “Bird is the word” and high fives you, and you best not leave her hanging. Sherry says I will rot in hell for all eternity for that, I figure 10,000 years in purgatory tops. Have a nice Sunday all.