What exactly is funny about Kids in the Hall?

Kids in the Hall is pure comic genious. By far the best sketch comedy ever. I don’t think I’ve seen an episode that wasn’t hilarious.

My grandfather had just died of cancer less than a year before. That’s probably why I found it so funny, too. (Well, that and the way McCulloch played it so perfectly sheepish.)

–Cliffy

Another Canadian who loved the show. For me, the best sketch ever was the B&W Cyril St. John story - The escapist who never did. It hit the perfect satirical tone. For my money, one of the finest pieces of television ever produced. Plus I loved the ‘vile soup’ sketch.

i love kith

“im sorry for causing all that cancer”

solid gold!!

Well, there’s the problem right there. I’d describe KITH as hilarious. Andy Kauffman hilarious. Comedy without punchlines. Brilliant.

That said, let’s all have a moment of silence for the flying pig.
Thank you, and enjoy the pork chops.

I always enjoyed KITH, too, but I understand how some people could find it tedious.

Myself, I always thought of it as what SNL ought to have been, had they not become truly dull and talentless after Belushi et al left. It’s what Monty Python probably would have been, had they started in the 80’s.

Aside from their rich comedic abilities, I think they came along at just the right time for me to really appreciate how talented these young men were, to impersonate women so convincingly. And they did it without making women look ridiculous, as MP invariably did. Really, does anyone else recall what it was like to see a KITH player in dra for the first time? I couldn’t tell he wasn’t a guy. And they could all do that!

Favorite stuff:

The KITH opening/closing theme; great guitar!

“What’s my wife’s name?”
“Olive.”
“Olive Picklefeather!?”

“I SELL SHOES! Thank you Satan!”

“You’re next, buddy! I want you in me!”

“Bel Biv Devoe…”

That post is going to get me in trouble. I have his theme song stuck in my head!

And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for: Kids in the Hall is available for download! The list of all the episodes currently encoded is here, and the main site is here, just go down to the bottom and click on the faq to find out how to do it.

I do not get how this thing works. :mad:

No, you’re not alone. While I found many of their skits to be funny (esp. the one about the old “war” buddy with the wig)…they were no MTV’s The State.

Here is the FAQ that will guide you step by step through setting up.

Oh yeah, and just because it says MST3K all the time, that doesn’t mean anything. The DAP was originally just MST3K, but now it does other shows, like KITH. I hope that you find the FAQ helpful, as I wrote it.

Vanyel - sorry, I didn’t mean for that to sound insulting - I am just horribly computer illiterate. No offense was meant.

In any case, the second FAQ you linked to was pretty helpful in setting up, but I’m still a little confused about running the thing. Would it be alright if I emailed you for some details?

Sure, I’m at bdruhot@hotmail.com . However, you can also try going [html=“http://irc.dapcentral.org”]here

, which is the web IRC client.  You won't be able to download stuff while using it, but there is always someone there who will be able to help you (including me!).  One advantage is, we can converse in real time, instead of on this message board.  Just type in the name you want to be displayed there (like 'meyer') and go to the board!  I'll be there for a while, and if I'm not, others will be.

::Vanyel beats himself over the head, repeating to himself "preview before posting, preview before posting, preview before posting!::

Oh yes, and one more thing (I must remember to put everything in one post): the pictures on this FAQ are now fixed, so that might help clear things up a bit.

Meyer, have you seen this? Just wondering, as I haven’s gotten any email or seen you at the channel yet.