What exactly is Teppanyaki ice-cream?

Hi
What exactly is Teppanyaki ice-cream? I’ve tried to find a good description of it. But so far I haven’t been able to find one.
From Wikipedia:
“Typical ingredients used for Western-style teppanyaki are beef, shrimp, scallops, lobster, chicken, and assorted vegetables. Soybean oil is typically used to cook the ingredients.
Japanese-style teppanyaki may also use noodles (yakisoba) or cabbage with sliced meat or seafood (okonomiyaki), which are cooked using vegetable oil, animal fat, or a mixture. In Japan, many teppanyaki restaurants feature Kobe beef.”

So presumably this ice-cream contains one or more of the above ingredients. Ice-Cream is chilled, so I’d really like to know how Teppanyaki ice-cream tastes.
I look forward to your feedback.
davidmich

I thin it’s the style they serve at Cold Stone.
You pick you ice ream flavors and add-ins and instead of cooking it on a large, hot, flat grill they mix it all up on a large, flat, cold stone or metal surface.

So presumably this ice-cream contains one or more of the above ingredients.

Nope, zoid has it right. What makes traditional Teppanyaki isn’t the ingredients, it’s the style of cooking - on a large flat surface - as opposed to say, grilling on a hibachi.

So it’s the flat surface used to mix the ingredients at places like Coldstone, that gives the name to Teppanyaki ice cream.

Yes. Here’s a description of a Teppanyaki Ice Cream Parlor in Bangkok.

Here are three of the combinations available:

Frozen Sacher Ice Cream:
Waffle basket, Grand Cru Maracaibo 65% ice cream, poached apricot, fudge brownie, Edelweiss ice cream, fresh raspberries, fresh whipping cream.

Warm Berries with Grand Cru Chocolate Ice Cream:
Edelweiss ice cream with chocolate terra, Elvesia chocolate ice cream with caramelized almonds, aged balsamic flavored berrie, swiss meringues, caramelized almonds, orange snap.

Sticky Chewy Grand Cru Chocolate Ice Cream:
Maracaibo Criolait ice cream with brownie, Maracaibo chocolate cheese cake cubes, Edelweiss chocolate ice cream, Marshmallow, Bourbon vanilla sauce, caramel sauce, caramelized hazelnut.

Oh, and let’s move this to Cafe Society.