What factors contributed to turning Trump into Cuntus Maximus?

What do we know about his history and milieu that gave him his personal charm?

If not for the mildly offensive title I’d think IMHO would work but as it is without topic for debate it’s more of a rant.

Moved from Great Debates to the Pit.

[/ moderating]

I thought about IMHO too. In any case, I’m still curious about what factors can contribute to making someone like that so it’d be nice if the discussion could be factual/informed guesses rather than venting about Trump (surely there are enough Trump venting threads to satisfy anyone looking for that).

Wealthy and entitled son of a wealthy and entitled man who both made their name and pile getting the upper hand at every turn, regardless of the cost to others. Pretty simple, really.

I get why that would explain some of his tactics and how that would turn someone into a Frank Underwood-type of person. However, Trump is often extremely petty beyond making his name and pile.

Also, anyone know how and why Trump’s brother drank himself to death?

Wealthy and entitled are contributing factors but I’m convinced there are deep pathological issues at the root of it. You don’t become a narcissistic, lying, delusional cunt just because you’re lucky enough to have been born rich.

Early years, boarding school. From what I hear, he thrived there. I’ll bet he was a Bully Deluxe.

It certainly helps.

My guess is that underlying it all is that he knows he’s a worthless sack of shit, so he overcompensates by being hyper-masculine, trying to dominate every conversation and be the center of attention to hide his insecurity. He’s the balding, middle aged man who buys a Porsche to hide the fact that he has a small penis and that he’ll never be as manly, tough, and successful as his Daddy.

Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt were born rich, and they turned out pretty good…

If there were some way we could infect Trump with chronic asthma and/or polio, maybe he’d be better at presidenting.

“He’s the balding old man who buys a Porsche…”

FTFY.

I wonder about his relationship with his parents, particularly his mother. He is so deeply insecure and lacking in empathy.

“When I turned 60, I had to stop calling myself ‘middle aged’ because I don’t know anybody who’s 120.”

• Michael Caine

Unless he’s holding seances, not much.

Norman Bates owned a hotel, too…

I think this is a key point. Trump’s lifelong wealth had insulated him from consequences. He’s always been able to shrug off mistakes without a problem and that’s made him careless about being wrong.

Accounts say that FDR was like that as a young men. As you note, polio changed him. It made him realize that terrible things could happen.

Trump’s father died when he was 53 and his mother died when he was 54. So I think we can assume Trump had a relationship with his parents even if he doesn’t have one now.

I’m fully aware his parents have passed, thanks. I meant while they were alive.

His narcissism was rewarded instead of punished. He never even had to learn to fake being good, which actually results in you actually being better. He amplified what his parents already believed, that they were genetically superior.

In short, his natural inability to empathize was nurtured. It’s the same reason he thinks he can just lie and change reality. He never faced any evidence to the contrary.

His Mom, probably. At least she’s totally responsible for his hair.

As a Harvard undergrad, FDR failed to be tapped to join the Porcellian Club. What could possibly be more terrible than that?

See John O’Hara’s classic New Yorker short story “Graven Image.”