What Happened in California? Billbray v Busby

With 90 percent of precincts reporting, Bilbray had 56,130 votes. That extrapolates out to 62367 votes, if the last 10% held the same.

And they spent 11 million dollars?

That’s $176 per vote! Why was the district worth that much to Republicans?

You have a point… why didn’t they just buy Ken Blackwell a plane ticket so he could go out there and steal the election?

Imagine the headlines if they had lost. You don’t want to demoralize your party base.

Because if they had lost the seat in this very safe district, the buzz would be that they were dead meat. As it was, in very few of the districts up for grabs did the Republican have as high a margin as Cunningham. That, the fact that immigration helped the Republicans in this district (but not many are on the border) and that the Republicans can’t pour money into all the districts makes it not look good.

Billbray seemed to be running against Bush and the Senate, at least in the immigration are. It would be interesting if the Republicans who win will do so by distancing themselves from the President.

Misread as: What Happened in California? Library v Baby

Me: “WTF? Babies can’t even read.”

The me, the results in CA 50 and other election results from last Tuesday around the country indicated that the status quo is still very much in effect.

I have made this point before in other posts…it’s my belief that the country is now so polarized along party lines that the news of the day makes very little difference unless it’s of the “live girl or dead boy” magnitude.

I live in Bob Ney’s congressional district. The atmosphere is not that different than it has been in years past. That’s one of the reasons I don’t think “culture of corruption” is going to stick. People like Jefferson (and perhaps Ney if he actually did anything) will be affected, but I don’t see the issue as being effective on a national level for the Democrats.

Here is a free look into my crystal ball. When November comes, both houses will remain in GOP hands. There will be results both sides can point to for comfort and propaganda purposes, but the status quo will remain.

Yet another obligatory Onion link. All too true, sadly. The Republicans may be a disaster for this country, but they do know how to win elections. Who cares about the economy or foreign policy when poofters are wedding and swarthy folk from south of the border are poised to swarm across our fair land?

“Immagants! I knew it was them! Even when it was bears I knew it was the Immagants.”