What happened to the test of the warning system?

I got the message but not the tone. LG/Sprint.

I have two phones on Verizon and both got it.

Looks like you’re not on Jacob’s list. :slight_smile:

I got it. I was glad/surprised that a tab came up to turn it off, which I did immediately. There was an Amber alert in my area a few days ago, and it was so loud I thought there was some sort of police activity in the street outside my house. Scared the holy shit out of me as I watch watching TV in the evening.

In Canada we had a similar test back in the spring, which had mixed results. Interestingly, the home page of the Canadian AlertReady service mentions that Canadian phones near the border might pick up the US test. I will have to ask my sister whether this happened; she lives in Sault Ste Marie, which is smack-dab on the border.

The Soo! Or do we only call the Michigan side the Soo?

My phone’s a 6S Plus, and I got it. I happened to be taking a nap at the time, and it scared the bejesus out of me. I didn’t realize what it was until I read this thread.

Both sides, as far as I know. At least, I’ve always called it The Soo…

Turns out it is a 5C, which can’t upgrade to iOS 12.

I carry two phones. One for work, and one for personal. Gotta keep church and state separate! Both phones are with AT&T. Got the alert on my personal phone. Did not get it on my work phone. Go figure.

I got nothing on my ancient flip phone.

I think so; I have a flip phone and didn’t get the alert. I do get Amber alerts, though.

Almost certainly your carrier or some kind of glitch. I have a Galaxy S5, which is older than your S6, and I got the notification. I’m on AT&T though.

That sounds like it would be sufficient to get the job done, doesn’t it? It’s basically the same concept as ‘herd immunity’, right?

Yeah, and people not on the “right” networks, or with more modern cell phones, whelp, they’re just gonna be Darwined outta here when the zombie apocalypse starts.

No, the problem would be the same question that started this thread - they don’t know who didn’t get the alert, and if the gov’t doesn’t know how can panicked citizens know? A person alone at home or yard or on a farm who doesn’t get an alert won’t know there’s an alert to get and could be left in the dark.

Our 2-year-old Samsung Galaxy Lunas on Straight Talk got it.

Chicago, AT&T, non-smart cellphone. The alert came up on my phone and my Xfinity cable channel simultaneously at exactly 1:21 PM.

For those who didn’t get the alert, may I recommend - App of the Week: The Rapture Detector

Rapture and end of world news

Per the Rapture Detector’s makers:

Sin, Lust and Fornication can be yours again! That’s right, sin can be yours again with the right Reverend Billy Joe Estes, Holy Manifestation House of Worship Rapture Detector. That’s right, you heard correctly; a Rapture Detector. Thirty minutes prior to the Rapture a blue LED light will go off on your iPhone, versions 3 and 4, iPad, Android Phone or Windows 7 Phone. And you will have 30 minutes to run down to your local preacher and be saved, Hallelujah on that!

For 99 cents, you’ll get the alert service, an RSS-like aggregation feed that has all the latest “The World is Ending” news, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you’ll be spending the afterlife unapologetically eating donut holes while sitting on a cloud (or whatever your vision of heaven is).