What happened to the test of the warning system?

I got nothing.
Zip.
Zero.
Who do I thank?

Blu/Cricket.

I got it on our Verizon flip phone. Not on the Google Fi phone (a Nexus smartphone).

Judging by the Firebug’s irritated reaction when I made him sit down and do his homework, I still exist.

I am annoying, therefore I am. :slight_smile:

Now we know why there were testing the system. Apparently a few bugs remain.

PS: I got my alert twice.

The 6S runs the latest version of iOS, iOS 12. I don’t understand why you would need a new phone.

Hope this doesn’t turn into Stephen King’s Cell!!!

iPhone 8 on AT&T. Didn’t receive it. However, for some reason all of my co-workers on the same corporate plan did get it.

Didn’t they say that ~70% of cell phones would receive it?

All the phones belonging to the people in the cubicles around me chirped at the same time. We all thought it was some kind of building alarm, then realized what it was and laughed.

My own phone was at home recharging and is still turned off in the other room. It’s an older phone, so I’ll have to check it and see if I got any message.

Droid Turbo 2 phone on Verizon. I got my alert today. It came through the same “Emergency Alert” app that I get Amber alerts on.

I did not get it. Galaxy S6 on the SimpleMobile network. I’m slightly (but not terribly) interested in knowing whether it was because (a) my phone does not support WEA, (b) SimpleMobile does not support it, or © there was some glitch in the system that caused the message to fail to reach my phone. I guess I could do some research about (a) and (b) but, eh, don’t really care.

I posted this in the thread in IMHO but it fits better here:

My classroom is deep inside the building so I didn’t get an alert (I’m on AT&T), but my students who were on Verizon did. Only a few knew about it ahead of time (they’re college students).

SO - if you didn’t get the alert at that moment, you don’t ever get notified? No alerts when reception improves? That seems like a failure in the design of the system.

I was in a Subway and I glanced at the TV. It said something about the Presdential alert message. As soon as I looked at it, my phone started buzzing.

I left my phone in the car, so I missed it, but apparently my phone did go off, as there was a notification on it when I finally got to it. Iphone SE, T-Mobile.

Oh, and I got it twice as well. Still hate trump, so the brainwashing didn’t work.

As I understand it, the message comes with an expiration time. This test message had an expiration time of 30 minutes. Presumably a real alert would not expire until the danger had passed.

I got it. As did most everyone else around me.

It was definitely an…experience…being in the middle of Aldi and hearing so many phones screeching at once.

I got it at KMart. Older IPhone 5 on AT&T.

Aha. Thus the difference. The kids taking a math test in my classroom were startled despite me reminding them beforehand that this test was coming. Some had their phones turned off but got the alert when they turned their phones back on. Those finishing the test later might have been past the 30 minute limit, thus explaining why they didn’t get it.

My 5 year old Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T didn’t get it.

Didn’t get it. LG Android smart phone on Verizon.

I just assume Trump knows I didn’t vote for him and is leaving me out of the loop in spite.