What happened to the test of the warning system?

I assume this emergency test system has been in development for a few years?

Trump had nothing to do with it? Except he happened to be in office when it was implemented?

I received it, both on my primary cell phone and on an old test phone that otherwise has no service (which makes it a good test case for this).

My husband and I didn’t get it either. We only use our phones for voice and do not have a data plan. Samsung Rugby on AT&T. They are data capable.

I got it. HTC Android phone on T-Mobile in Chicago.

Nothing at all happened, citizen. An angelic tone went off and we now know the errors of our previous ways and are dedicated fully to our Glorious Overlord, Czar Trump the First, Hero of the Orange Order, Protector of the Global Economy and Builder of the Wall Triumphant. If you could please submit your name and social security number to the nearest indoctrination center, the Commisars there can work quickly to fix your mind…err your phone. Hail Trump!

I was in a parking lot and just about everyone’s phones went off withing a few seconds of mine.

A few minutes later in my car the alert came over the radio and stated that the alert was sent to all cell phones but that some wouldn’t receive it.

If your phone didn’t get the message, you’ll be put in the express lane at the aforementioned indoctrination center for your microchip implant.

Some of the phones that aren’t enabled literally would need to be replaced. Their hardware doesn’t support the system. That’s not forgetting. It’s just dealing with legacy hardware’s existence. Some people don’t have cell phones and some have old ones that won’t work (and will be really pissed if we mandate their replacement.) The best is the enemy of the good enough.

Verizon, Note 8. Didn’t get it. Didn’t want to get it, so there’s that.

I shut my phone off around 1 pm, then turned it back on after 3, effectively opting out sorta-kinda.

I probably wouldn’t opt-out if it was an option, but I’m pissed off it isn’t an option.

I got the alert on my LG phone.

I and all of the other people in my business meeting got the alert. Sort of annoying.

We all got it, leading to much grumbling (we were in a meeting). iPhones of various ages from 6 on up to 8 plus. Verizon.

Flip phone (Verizon), didn’t get it.

I do receive Amber and flood alerts.

I got it on both my phones, work and personal. From the sounds of it, so did all of CubeLand at my work.

I got it twice. If any of you “Left Outs” wants my extra one, you’re welcome to it.

You may have been deleted in the process. Try asking roommates or family members if you still seem to exist.

Most of the folks here at work got the alert, from the sounds of things. My personal phone got it at exactly 11:18 PDT; my work phone didn’t get it at all. The former is on Verizon, the latter AT&T.

We got it it was just like an Amber alert …

yea, well Mr Smarty, when the aliens attack and the message has to go out for real, you’ll never know!