What happened with the Hillary email scandal?

Well, British ones, anyway.

This could become as significant a scandal as Benghazi.

Judging by recent news on this subject it seems the FBI and the White House have joined the vast right wing conspiracy.

Are you kidding? This could be twice as significant! I can’t wait for 22 hours of asshats grilling her trying to squeeze out one bit of campaignable material.

I find it hard to believe that the OP can be serious given that the email thing is still on the front page of CNN more days than not. As of right now, we don’t know how this will all shake out, but we do know that the people investigating it are non-partisan and have integrity, so we can trust the end result.

What if the media created a jail to put those people in? Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Ha, ha, ha!. Oh yeah I needed that laugh… The Republicans will not accept the likely end result, you can be sure of that.

I will. I hope you will as well.

So the F.B.I. is purely partisan now?

It is being reported that Clinton, or her aides, jumped the air gap from SIPRNet and JWICS. If that is true it is likely someone will end up in jail. It has also been reported that Clinton never had her SIPRNet or JWICS accounts setup. If the second piece is true then almost certainly the first piece is true, otherwise Clinton would have no way of accessing the information.

Of course, until the F.B.I releases their report, we won’t have anything other than leaks which may be false.

However the absolute stupidity Clinton displayed in setting up her own email server is stunning. I would be amazed if her email was not read by other nations.

Slee

The FBI told us that “Clinton is not the target of the investigation”, so no, I think it is partisan, but the bulk of the speculations are coming from the partizan’s of the right, because of the quantity and hearsay galore it is not hard to deduce that it is those speculations the ones that are more likely to be wrong.

“look like”?

The BBC is reporting that 22 emails were Top Secret.

Tom Delay and Darrell Issa say people they know in the FBI have tipped them off that an indictment is coming. Not the most reliable sources, of course.

But what info “jumped the gap”? I have a SIPRNet account and access it weekly. There is plenty of data on the network that is not classified in any way. Unclassified data from a classified network is still unclassified. Hell, it’s not uncommon to see unclassified data that is marked classified, because someone was being extra careful and didn’t know the difference.

I’ve worked in classified offices and environments for almost 15 years. I’ve known people who have put actual classified information on unclassified networks, usually by mistake or due to laziness. That’s called a “spill”. You know what happens to the guys I know who did this? They were disciplined, and suspended from accessing classified info. And they had to face retraining in order to regain access. None of them were fired, though I’ve heard of folks being fired for making this mistake one too many times. Absolutely none of them faced criminal charges.

It was a big deal – any time it happened, the boss called a meeting, explained what happened, and reiterated that this needed to be avoided. But it never was such a big deal that it demanded law enforcement involvement.

If the management wasn’t doing anything about it, that would involve law enforcement though.

Possibly (though it hasn’t been established that there was anything wrong going on).

Wouldn’t top-secret info on an unsecured private server qualify as ‘something wrong’?

Was it classified at the time?

ARE NOW top secret. They were not classified so when they were sent from her server. That is a crucial detail that the GOP would like people to overlook.