What happens if a midget gets pregnant?

What would happen if a midget, dwarf, or little person got pregnant? I mean, I’ve never seen any pregnant. Since most of the ones I’ve seen are pretty small, could their bodies handle being pregnant? I’m assuming that they can’t, because just because a midget gets pregnant doesn’t mean the child is going to be a midget… or does it? :eek:

From http://www2.primushost.com/~dkennedy/dwarfism_genetics.html

Looks like the babies may or may not be little people, depending on genetics and hormonal levels, etc.

I guess I should have known better than to respond to this thread, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. As the link in your own web page, <http://laugh.at/midgets> , states:

from www.lpaonline.org/resources_faq.html

::wanders off muttering “what was I thinking?”::

Welcome to the Straight Dope, Keen. For future reference, we have a rather low opinion here in General Questions of people who already know the answer but who ask the question anyway. Our Forum Page has only so much space for threads, and every pointless thread means a worthwhile thread gets bumped off the page to the outer darkness of Page 2.

However, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, like Gigi [eh, don’t beat yourself up, babe, I would’ve probably bit, too–and props to you for thinking to check his homepage, I never look at the homepages], and assume that you were asking, not whether midgets can get pregnant, but what would be the effects of pregnancy on a midget’s body. Your own link shows that Little People can and do get pregnant, and the fact that Little People couples undergo testing to find out whether she’s carrying a dwarf child must mean they’re expecting a viable offspring.

The best thing I can do for you, Keen, is to echo your mom, your school librarian, and all your junior high school teachers and say, “If you look it up for yourself, you’ll remember it better next time.”

Here’s a link to my favorite search engine.

Happy browsing! :slight_smile:

I wonder about the children of trolls?

This thread is closed. Keen, do not do this again.