What happens if Trump is indicted in Georgia? (Indicted on August 14, 2023)

Yeah, oops. I had saved them in my Imgur account to post but later deleted them because they were sullying my photos by their presence.

Trump co-defendant Harrison Floyd will remain in jail after judge said she will not issue bond today

After decades of paying the legal bills for people who are loyal to him, Trump’s decision to abandon his alleged co-conspirators could be straining the loyalty of onetime allies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/22/trump-co-defendants-in-georgia-face-massive-legal-bills.html

I had to read that 3 times before I realized it said “Harrison Floyd” and not “Harrison Ford”.

Not your fault, that was a good headline. But I thought it was a funny mental slip. Carry on. :slight_smile:

I’m glad I’m not the only one.

The question is Does this guy flip on Trump in less than 12 parsecs?

It is a bit disconcerting. Gives one a bit of a moment. He is the only one being held.

Well, that happens when you assault an FBI agent who’s just trying to serve you with a subpoena. I have little sympathy, frankly.

Trump needs to stick with a higher class of co-conspirator that can afford their own damn lawyer.

If I understand your link correctly, a rich defendant can influence poorer co-defendants to take the rich man’s side by paying legal bills. Sounds wrong. It also sounds like it would be a way to evade Trump’s bail conditions.

And if I understand this next correctly, the Georgia plea bargain rate is over 90 percent:

Statistics show that less than 10 percent of defendants actually go on trial.
It is going to be in the interests of most defendants to plea bargain rather than risk a very long sentence, regardless of guilt or innocence. Trump’s lawyers will ask if testimony was conditioned on a lesser sentence. If the answer is yes, IMHO the jury should ignore that testimony due to it being bought and paid for, in the coin of a lesser sentence, by the government.

No offense intended, but this sounds a little nutty. If I’m innocent, I’m not pleading guilty to anything. (Which is what accepting a plea bargain comes down to.)

The prosecution does not rely solely on the testimony of someone who flipped. They buttress the testimony with corroborating evidence.

Is there any evidence that he actually DID pay others’ legal bills? I thought he stiffed everyone.

And this is different from how every prosecution of every petty criminal in the land is handled how?

The legal rational is that it’s clearly stated in the Constitution. The Constitution says that it’s needed, and so, in accordance with the Constitution, the states pass laws covering the details.

As to Chesebro’s motivations, my guess is that he wanted to send a big middle finger to all of his “friends” the co-defendents. Remember, it’s all about hate and face-eating.

withdrawn

Innocent, or guilty, or uncertain because of an uncertain precedent, I want to know how big of a deal the prosecution is offering, and what my lawyer’s best estimate is of my chances of conviction.

In this case, I, if in Mr. Floyd’s presumed-innocent shoes, would also want to know how mixed verdicts (common when there are so many defendants and counts) tend to run in Georgia with politician cases. Do the jurors tend to acquit the underlings and only convict the politician, or vice-versa?

And there could be another factor in this case. Say there are one or two solid Trumpers that snuck onto the jury. They may give in to arguments of other jurors, when it comes to lesser defendants, but only insist on a mistrial for the big guy. So I think it is very dangerous for Mr. Floyd to go to trial – innocent or guilty or uncertain. And it’s less dangerous for Mr. Trump to go to trial. Their interests differ, so it is very bad that Trump even had the option of paying Floyd’s bills.

Then feel free to plead guilty to something you didn’t do.

Best yet if it is evidence that the witness had not known about but their story was consistent with it. Less so if it is evidence that was already shared with the witness. I would expect that in general flipped witnesses have to convince jurors of their credibility.

ISTM that the typical dependent, low on funds and scared, is at some risk of coercion and therefore less credible. But yes it is standard operating procedure.

I’m sure the defence will ASK the Jury to disregard this evidence. They can ASK for a whole lot of silly shit. Does not mean anyone is required to do what they ASK.