What happens if Trump is indicted in Georgia? (Indicted on August 14, 2023)

That was good.

Those two Truth posts quoted upthread appear to have been taken down. I wonder if his lawyers got to him on it ?

I just did a quick and dirty Photoshop. I could do much better, but I spent less than a 1/2 hour on this. I was originally going to use the Nicholson Joker as a model, but he’s too much of a ‘fun’ Joker-- I quickly realized the Heath Ledger Joker was better, being much more Chaotic Evil looking:

Those were two Imgur-hosted screencaps.

My thoughts too. Is Trump not liquid enough to do that? Or is he keeping his option to run open, and only risking 20k to the bail/bondsman.

/side note I need to watch Jackie Brown again /sn

My guess is that the $20K is coming from a PAC, so it doesn’t really matter except that $20K is considerably less than $200K. That is, an expense of $20K is something the PAC can handle. The $200K is a different story.

Yes, the PAC would get the $200K back when the trial is over, but by then, the PAC won’t need it. The PAC is a like a well. It refills with donations. If you take too much out at one time, however, it can run dry. Trump needs the PAC to pay the legal fees, so if it runs dry, well, that’s a bad thing. When the trial is over, the legal fees drop considerably, so a refund of $200K at that time isn’t going to help a lot, particularly if he had to fire some lawyers along the way because there wasn’t money to pay them*.

*Note that I didn’t say “because he couldn’t pay them or didn’t pay them,” but “because there wasn’t money to pay them.” If the lawyers see the PAC doesn’t have the money for the lawyer fees, they might not work as hard, since they will be worrying about getting paid. If they see the PAC is flush with funds, they will be more likely to believe they will get paid in two weeks.

there are 2 who have not surrendered as yet. kutti and lee have 2 hours. tick tock.

I don’t understand why the lighting in these mug shots is so bad. First, four of them are very badly overexposed. And those that aren’t have a strong key light coming from behind the subject’s left (our right), which seems an unusual way to light a photo that is supposed to aid in identification of the subject. The weird angle can highlight facial features that wouldn’t be as prominent in normal lighting.

I’d expect a mug shot photo setup to have a simple standardized lighting setup, like they do at the DMV, but nothing like this.

A new twist in this tale:

From that article:

Donald Trump has reportedly sold his signature Mar-a-Lago luxury residence in Florida, according to a Zillow listing which said the resort was purchased on August 4—weeks before the former president voluntarily turned himself in at Fulton County jail in Georgia, where he was booked on 13 felony counts.

But a later report by The Express mentions that the former president might have not really “sold” the property, but simply transferred its ownership to an organization owned by his son Donald Trump Jr.

Hmmmm…

Versus

all 19 have gotten in before the deadline.

That’s fantastic! Do you mind if I send that image to someone?

Sure, go right ahead!

(Probably best to download the jpeg and share that instead of linking directly to my Imgur post though…?)

Can you even imagine how tight his tiny fists were clenched during that photo?!!

Moderating:

You missed a mod note.

It’s your responsibility to make sure you’re finding and paying attention to these.

There are other threads to discuss Trump’s weight and mug shot:

Keep these discussions out of this thread now.

Yeah, but that’s illegal. Not that that matters anymore.

I did miss that. My apologies, Aspenglow.

What are the legal implications of this, if any? IOW how does Donnie think this will benefit him or save him from sumpin’ bad happening to him?

And would simply transferring ownership to a family company accomplish what he wanted to accomplish?

IANAL

100% guess here:

I would think a criminal conviction might open him up to civil lawsuits and/or seizure of his assets. So, he is protecting those assets by giving them to his son.

Again, just a guess. Whether those assets are now untouchable by someone suing him and/or the government trying to get some recompense I really do not know.

While Trump’s criminal attorneys have not acquitted themselves well his attorneys protecting his assets have seemed to do the job well. I can only suppose they think this transfer is sufficient protection (or the most they could convince Trump to do).

Stacks of paper is sufficient:

Of course you can’t let any pesky reporters examine the packets/stacks/binders.